admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Coelacanth/Coel_Character_BP.Coel_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Coelacanth (Underwater)
admincheat summon Coel_Character_BP_Ocean_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Coelacanth/Coel_Character_BP_Ocean.Coel_Character_BP_Ocean'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Aberrant Coelacanth
admincheat summon Coel_Character_BP_Aberrant_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Coelacanth/Coel_Character_BP_Aberrant.Coel_Character_BP_Aberrant'" 500 0 0 35
Coelacanths are the Arks’ generic fish, plain and simple. Harmless, they will lazily swim around until provoked. At that point, they will attempt to swim away but not always succeed. Due to their shear numbers, ability to survive practically anywhere that’s wet and their place at the bottom of the food chain, they are perhaps one of the most important creatures on any map. Without the coelacanth, the entire ark ecosystem would very likely collapse.
Coelacanths are lobe-finned fish, with rounded heads and eight fins. Unlike their dark blue and black real life counterparts, the coelacanths of ARK come in a variety of colours.
- Before Scorched Earth, the Coelacanth was the only creature to naturally spawn with any of the primary and secondary colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, or Purple.
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID>と入力することにより、シーラカンスのRegionを変更できます。たとえば、
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6はシーラカンスの"body"がmagenta色になります。
|攻撃タイプ||ダメージ||発射物の値||気絶値の数値||状態効果: スタミナ||状態効果: 気絶値|
|寿命||Impulse||半径||基本||Mult||持続時間||Damage Mult||量||持続時間||Damage Mult||量|
This section describes how to fight against the Coelacanth.
Coelacanth are frail and fairly slow. Hunting them is easy. If you have a Brontosaurus, going near a water source and simply swinging that way once or twice is a good way to farm these, considering the huge range of its attack.
Coelacanth are extremely docile and passive, meaning they will not attack the player. Simply going into the water with spear at the ready is strategy enough. When you begin to attack them, they start to swim away, so if you have no level ups in Movement Speed or Oxygen chasing them may be a challenge. However, they still swim slowly enough while fleeing, that they can be caught up to easily.
Coelacanth have low health, and are easily killed with just a spear. (If killed with a spear, the coel will be automatically picked up by the player)
Coelacanth by themselves do not pose a threat to the player, however other creatures, such as the Piranha, and drowning are things to look out for.
They can't do anything to defend themselves and are killed easily; lower level Coelacanth can be simply one shot with a throw of a spear or just killed with your bare hands. The only defense it is considered to have is its instinct to swim away quickly.
Coelacanth can be 'tamed' using Fish Basket . While they can level, they do not eat from the trough. Just put food (meat or fish) in their inventory and force feed, if necessary. Note that while they can be tamed, there is no practical reason at this time to do so, as all their uses can be achieved just as easily with their Wild counterparts. This could change with future updates, or as players experiment more.
Food Source: Leveling up Coelacanth will basically fatten them up and provide the survivor with a steady source of fish meat.
Pet: Coelacanths of all colors can add life to a base with a pond or other small water source.
- In real life, Coelacanth's meat is actually bad for humans, as it contains oil, wax, urea, and other compounds that are hard to be digested. This could cause diarrhea. This is pointed out in the dossier, which states meat of Coelacanth nutritia contains less oil and urea than those of other Coelocanth species making it more suitable for eating.
- Coelacanth, was believed to be extinct 65 million years ago, until it was discovered again, alive, in 1938, although they have been in steep decline since the dinosaur era and are critically endangered.
- As of patch v180.0, when you kill a Coelacanth or Piranha with a spear, the fish is instantly grabbed so that you can stay out of the water.
- Depending on how much melee damage % you skilled on yourself or your Dino, gives you more Raw Fish Meat out of Coelacanths.
- Coelacanth are often a cause of severe lag for many players because they can spawn in enormous numbers in the rivers and lakes further inland. Therefore, a way to reduce lag for many local games is to lower the Dino Count from 1.0 to about 0.5.
- As of patch v235, Coelacanths come in different sizes, giving different amounts of meat depending on its size.
- Coelacanths are one of the only creatures in ARK to have an extremely similar real-life counterpart.
- Coelacanth do not produce Feces.
- Helena has written in her dossier and notes that the Coelacanth have limited intelligence and are unsuitable for taming.
- The Coelacanth along with Leech, Piranha, Sabertooth Salmon and Trilobite became tamable with the Fish Basket introduced in Aberration.
- The Coelacanth is one of few creatures that spawn on all maps, the other being Parasaur, Equus, Raptor, Carno etc. as well as the only fully aquatic animal on Scorched Earth
- Coelacanths are cloned by the Overseer to maintain their presence in the ecosystem, because they are either completely unable to breed or their population is unable to recover autonomously. This has actually proven to be surprisingly realistic, as a 2021 study of real life coelacanths discovered they may take as long as 40 years between breeding cycles, with the fish relying on long lives (over a century) to keep their population up, something that could never be sustainable in the intense environment of the arks.
- Coelacanths in ARK are not assigned genders.
- The Aberrant variant of Coelacanth is misspelled as "Abberant Coelacanth", when it should be "Aberrant Coelacanth"
|235.0||Coelacanths now come in various different sizes|
|240.0||Coelacanth now drops Fish Meat instead of regular Meat|
|240.2||Fish should no longer get knocked around as much after death|
|244.2||Fixed issue with fish endlessly spawning on land near the Redwoods biome|
|245.0||Fish can now be fished using a Fishing Rod|
|254.5||Coelacanth can no longer receive buffs or debuffs|
|259.0||Deep sea Coelacanths added with increased unstasis range|
|262.0||Fixed an issue where wandering fish would cluster into a corner|
|263.0||Added a bunch of Coelacanth spawns to the main water of The Center|
|275.0 Aberration Expansion Release|
|305.12||Fixed a bug where the Fish Basket wasn't returning creatures properly|