admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Dragonfly/Dragonfly_Character_BP.Dragonfly_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Aberrant Meganeura
admincheat summon Dragonfly_Character_BP_Aberrant_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Dragonfly/Dragonfly_Character_BP_Aberrant.Dragonfly_Character_BP_Aberrant'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Meganeura (Gauntlet2)
admincheat summon Dragonfly_Character_BP_STA_C
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Missions/ModularMission/Gauntlet2/STA/Dinos/Dragonfly_Character_BP_STA.Dragonfly_Character_BP_STA'" 500 0 0 35
この島の昆虫の大きさは、私を混乱させます。酸素を行き渡らせるために大きさは制限されるはずなのに、メガネウラ (とその他の虫) にはその制限はないようです。大気に多くの酸素が含まれているとするなら、メガネウラのサイズに納得がいくのですが。
Meganeura are usual neutral creatures, although they like to feast on nearby corpses, attacking those who get near their feast including other creatures and survivors. This can be troublesome when hunting as you may suddenly find a swarm of hungry Meganeura trying to forcefully claim your kill. A swarm that finishes devouring a corpse will attack any nearby survivor. However, when touching water, Meganeura will not attack, even if you attack them back. Likewise, walking on water while being attacked will cause the Meganeura to almost instantly lose interest in you. However, take note that the Meganeura in the Swamp Cave are outliers and will attack players and tames unprovoked.
The Meganeura is a "small" insect, or at least small for Ark standards, with an elongated body, 2 large compound eyes, 2 pairs of wings, and 3 pairs of legs; the whole makeup of the Meganeura greatly resembles that of dragonflies, though the Meganeura is in fact a griffin fly, an extinct group of insects.
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID>と入力することにより、メガネウラのRegionを変更できます。たとえば、
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6はメガネウラの"thorax and sides"がmagenta色になります。
Cementing Paste is only obtainable with a Beelzebufo
|Main Attack||Tranquilized||The target's Stamina will decrease by 2x the damage dealt over 4 seconds. This effect stacks.|
|基本||最小||Activation||The Meganeura flies around and nibbles at the target. The target's Stamina will decrease by 2x the damage dealt over 4 seconds. This effect stacks with each bite.|
|攻撃タイプ||ダメージ||発射物の値||気絶値の数値||状態効果: スタミナ||状態効果: 気絶値|
|寿命||Impulse||半径||基本||Mult||持続時間||Damage Mult||量||持続時間||Damage Mult||量|
This section describes how to fight against the Meganeura.
On their own, Meganeuras are neutral unless provoked. However, Meganeuras are scavengers and they will swarm freshly killed corpses and will become aggressive if you try to harvest the corpse while they feed. If you don't want to fight, back away from swarmed corpses so the Meganeuras don't attack you. Take care when entering the swamps as they contain large numbers of Meganeuras that can and will kill higher level dinos alarmingly fast if one does not escape or fight back sufficiently.
Attacking one Meganeura will cause other Meganeuras in the area to become hostile, and they have quite the high aggro range. If you kill one in one hit however, the others won't attack you. If they swarm, they will generally target your head. Using a Spear/Pike and stabbing wildly into the air can usually take them out fairly quickly. If you happen to have a tamed dinosaur who's attack has a large Area of Effect, like the Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus or Beelzebufo (Beelzebufos deal 10 times more damage to Meganeuras, so you can easily take out entire swarms of them).
It is a better idea to use shorter ranged melee weapons that have a far reach (spears, pikes); they can be hard to hit with ranged weapons like bows.
A Meganeura bite will poison you and reduce your Stamina, making it harder to escape if you get swarmed. Their tendency to swarm and aggro additional Meganeuras also makes it likely that you'll be fighting much more than you had wanted. while this at first this seems rather miniscule in Swarms this effect's duration will stack preventing sprinting and creatures like the Megalania from climbing to safety for a while.
A swarm of Meganeuras can easily cripple and take down weaker flyers like a Pteranodon thanks to their stamina draining attacks and decent damage. Be wary if you land one near a swarm of them.
The biggest weakness of the Meganeura is its low Health. It usually only takes a few hits to kill even a high level one and any decently sized tame with good AOE can destroy a swarm with little hindrance.
- Cementing Paste Collection Source: Meganeura like other arthropods can yield Chitin when killed. The Meganeura is also one of the best candidates for efficiently farming large amounts ofCementing Paste when a Beelzebufo is used, as they are fairly common and are attracted to corpses and recently killed prey, allowing them to be concentrated and harvested in one place.
- Swarming Tactics: Though almost always impractical, they can be quite the nuisance if attracted to a certain area by a corpse, becoming aggressive.
- Poison: Being attacked by a Meganeura will inflict the Stamina Drained! debuff which will slowly drain the player’s stamina. This debuff can also be inflicted upon tamed creatures.
- Beginner Chitin Source: Before going for creatures that have more chitin, like the Titanomyrma packs, Pulmonoscorpius, or Arthropluera, Meganeuras and Trilobites is a good source of chitin because they are easily and safely killed with a bow and arrow (or literally any long range weapons) and can be safely harvested for their chitin for beginners if they are boh comfortable in walking to the swamps to find the meganeuras and are trying to make Cementing Paste while being uncomfortable with killing Triceratops or Carbonemys for keratin or the hostiles chitin creatures (read: Titanomyrma packs, Pulmonoscorpius, or Arthropluera) during their beginnings.
- Dossier revealed on 06/10/2015 
- It is one of four creatures currently able to be harvested by Beelzebufo for Cementing Paste, the others being the Jug Bug, Titanomyrma, and Glowbug.
- Meganeuras don't pose much of a threat on their own, but in numbers, they will become much more aggressive.
- Most griffinflies were not significantly larger than modern dragonflies, though the largest, including Meganeura, could reach wingspans of up to 70 cm (28 in). It is controversial among the scientific community as to exactly how these insects got to such sizes, even though the largest griffinflies were still small compared to other giant arthropods of the Carboniferous and Permian. Theories that attempt to explain such gigantism range from lack of predators, to increased atmospheric oxygen and/or pressure providing more growth, to protection against said over pressurization and/or oxygenation. All said theories could potentially have been at play.
- Likely based on the Giant Griffinfly, Meganeura Monyi.
- Meganeura were once thought to be an early ancestor of all dragonflies, and its order named Protoodonatoptera. However, both have been reclassified under the Odonatoptera superorder and split into seperate orders, with dragonflies and damselflies in the Odonata order and griffinflies in the Meganisoptera order. Griffinflies are now considered ancient close cousins to the modern dragonfly group but not their direct ancestors.
- Like the other insects in Ark, the Meganeura has adapted to eating dead things, most of the other insects eat Spoiled Meat while Meganeura will fancy a whole corpse/dead body. However, it should noted that it is more likely that Meganeura hunted most of the time, as stated in Helena's dossier.
- Though it is rarely seen, the Meganeura can indeed land and walk on the ground, though usually this is brief.
- Despite how swift dragonflies are and most griffinflies probably were, the Ark Meganeura is a tad slow and can be outrun by most creatures and survivors.
|189.0||Meganeura is added to the game.|
|189.1||Fixed Meganeura Dossier icon.|
|218.5||Dead Meganeura won't animate if one enters the area after it was killed anymore.|
|235.9||Fixed issue with Meganeura flickering in and out.|
|245.3||The Beelzebufo's 5x damage towards bugs now applies to the Meganeura as intended.|
|275.0 Aberration Expansion Release||Aberrant Meganeura added.|
|289.100||Mesh Memory Optimizations for Meganeura.|