APS Mailbox (Primitive Plus)
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4.|
|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Primitive Plus|
|Mailbox for the Federated Postal Service of ARK|
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/APS/Blueprints/PrimalItemStructure_Mailbox.PrimalItemStructure_Mailbox'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 20|
|Engram Points||8 EP|
|Crafting XP||8 XP|
|Crafted in||Construction Table|
For Xbox, it is unable to send and receive "mail" if you don't have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse plugged into your Xbox to use it.
For an Xbox with a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, you can send "mail" by following these easy steps:
1. Place the mailbox(es) to the desired location(s)
2. Press start on your Xbox controller with a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse attached to the Xbox. You will find an option that says keyboard and mouse click on it.
3. Use your keyboards E key and mouse to select your mailbox option to send mail or change mailbox address.
4. You will now use your keyboard at this point to type your message/s out and hit enter twice to get send to come up.
5. Now go back to the mouse and hit send to successfully send your letter to other ark players.
It is recommended if you don't have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse about (20-30 bucks) added to your Xbox as the controller, it does not recognize start as enter once the keyboard has disappeared. It cannot be used otherwise except as decoration.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Mailbox does work, justs check above for details step by step. It's the Xbox controller that has been causing the following problems.
- Some players have reported their game freezing when changing the address or sending a message on the mailbox (the game is active but ignores any key strokes, with the UI of the APS Mailbox being the only thing in your screen), the only fix is a restart or getting kicked from the server.
- In fact, since the mailbox was introduced to ARK it hasn't been able to be used. At the moment the mailbox only has a decoration purpose. Fans have created mods for the pc to actually be able to use the mailbox but still, wildcard can't figure out how to get it working.
- Can be used as an alternative and secret chat to other players across the same ARK as you.