The following is a guide to creating or editing mainspace pages on the Ark: Survival Evolved Wiki in accordance with the established article style. These guidelines are not set in stone, but they should generally be followed in order to maintain consistency across pages, unless there is a good reason to make an exception.
Different page types require different page formats. See the following examples:
- For Armor, see the Armor page format
- For Consumables, see the Consumable page format
- For Creatures, see the Creatures page format
- For Items, see the Item page format
- For Resources, see the Resource page format
- For Structures, see the Structures page format
- For Tools and Weapons, see the Weapons page format
- The first instance of the page title should be bold. This should usually be in the first sentence of the article. No other instance of the page title should be bold. To make a word or phrase bold, place three apostrophes (') on each side. For example:
'''bold'''. Bold can also be used for emphasis on other words in rare cases.
- All item names should be capitalized (eg. Flak Armor Helmet).
- The first instance of an item name on a page should always be linked, via double brackets (eg.
[[Flak Armor Helmet]]). Further mentions of the same item should generally not be linked, though multiple identical links can exist if they occur far from each other and would be helpful to readers. An example might be one link in the introductory section along with an identical link in a section, table, or template occurring further down. Duplicate links may be especially helpful on larger pages that would require scrolling to find an item's first mention.
- Be sure to read the page before editing. Editors frequently add notes, tips, and trivia items that duplicate information already contained in the article's paragraphs above.
Talk pages are for suggestions regarding the structure or contents of a page, or for a discussion with a user. When editing a Talk: page, use
==Section Title== to create a new section header if the topic you want to discuss is not already on the page. For example,
==New Format Suggestion== to suggest a change in the format of a page. If the topic you wanted to discuss is already on the page, you should always use a colon(:) before your reply to make it easier to follow the flow of comments. When you are finished with your editing, insert a break tag by using
<br/> to move your signature to the next line and then sign it using
Suggestions should ONLY be related to the Ark: Survival Evolved Wiki, not to the game itself. Here at Gamepedia, we only host game wikis. If you'd like to get in contact with ARK developers, please utlize the game's Steam forums or email the developers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current format of the taming times is rather qualitatively than quantitatively and I never know, for which levels these ranges of needed food / narcotics are exactly meant for. I suggest to make instead of the current number ranges some tables for specific levels of that dino, e.g. level 1, 50 and 100. For levels in between the user can interpolate roughly. Each table could look similar to the one below. Any suggestions?
|84 × Raw Meat||241||46||01:10:01|
|28 × Raw Prime Meat||17||4||00:23:21|
|11 × Kibble (Parasaur Egg)||0||0||00:14:41|