The Assault Rifle is a fully automatic ranged weapon that loads up to 40 Advanced Rifle Bullet at once.
Assault Rifles sport an extremely high firerate, dealing almost the same amount of damage per shot of a Fabricated Pistol but twice as fast. In continuous fire, only a Pump-Action Shotgun at point-blank range is capable of beating its DPS capability, but if combined with Shadow Steak Saute, the Assault Rifle will easily allow its user to cover ranges greater than Pump-Actions can. Coupled with its excellent durability, it's possible to dish enormous amounts of damage at short time intervals. However, the high firerate quickly shows how expensive (and if carried in the large quantities needed to waste havoc, heavy) its ammunition is, and the lower burst damage than a Fabricated Sniper Rifle of similar stats make fire and cover tactics an unwise use of this weapon.
It can be crafted at level 58 using a Fabricator. It can have any attachments put on except the scope, but like all guns in ARK, it can only have one at a time.
- The Flashlight Attachment is less effective when attached to the Assault Rifle (The flashlight attachment has a lower radius of light).
- This weapon has a lot of recoil, so watch out when firing. Shadow Steak Saute can provide the recoil reduction needed to keep the crosshair at targets during continuous fire.
- Without cheats or mods, the highest Damage% of an Assault Rifle is 755.3%.
- In the ARK lore, Helena had an assault rifle that is exactly like the in-game design.
- The Genesis Part 1 Gauntlet variant of the assault rifle has a magazine capacity of 150, effectively making the weapon the first light machine gun in the game without mods. This variant is only seen in the volcanic biome version of The Gauntlet in later rounds. The view kick from firing the variant gets absurd very quickly.