The Beer Barrel is used for creating Beer.
The Beer Barrel can be fueled with either water from a water container or pipes from an intake. After placing 40 Thatch and 50 of any regular Berry in it, 1 Beer Liquid will be created per six hours (one hour with singleplayer settings enabled).
Painting and Color Regions
The Beer Barrel is not currently paint-able, however this object may be re-mapped to include paint regions in a future update.
- The Beer Barrel is 1/2 foundation wide, 3/4 foundation deep and 1 wall tall.
- Waterskin or Canteen can not be placed into a Beer Barrel as a water source.
- However Water Jar can be used as a water source through remote use, filling 200 points out of 1000 points of water.
- It can be irrigated by being near a water tap as a plant would.
- The Beer Barrel is irrigated via a pipe through the top or bottom.
- You cannot attach a new pipe system to a pre-existing pipe system. The pipe system must be built from the pre-existing irrigation system to work properly or built from scratch.(No longer applies as of the homestead update, which introduced flexible pipes, allowing you to connect two or more pipe-systems together)
- The Beer Barrel does not work with Water Reservoir. To use irrigation as the water supply pipes must be supplied by irrigation intake
- Cannot be placed on platforms
- The Beer Barrel is treated as a thatch structure and can be damaged by anything except non-explosive ranged attacks.
Quick tutorial on how to make beer.