|Safely carries a sizable amount of water, and is reasonably lightweight.|
Safely carries a sizable amount of water, and is reasonably lightweight. Cools you down when drinking from it!
|Consumable (values pertain to Humans)|
cheat giveitemnum 374 1 0 0
cheat GFI CanteenCraftable 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Consumables/PrimalItemConsumable_CanteenCraftable.PrimalItemConsumable_CanteenCraftable'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 54|
|Engram Points||24 EP|
|Crafting XP||13 XP|
|Crafted in|| Fabricator|
|Required Stations||Refining Forge|
The Canteen is a better, considerably lighter version of the Water Jar. It is one of the least expensive items that requires fabricator-crafted materials.
Usage[edit | edit source]
To drink from the canteen, highlight it in your inventory and select Use Item, or put it on your hotbar and press the designated key. This can be done 3 times for 100 water each before depletion, but only if your water isn't full.
To refill the canteen, use it while standing in the rain or while standing in shallow water. You can also fill it by placing it in the inventory of a Stone Irrigation Pipe - Tap or Metal Irrigation Pipe - Tap.
Iced[edit | edit source]
You can put a filled Canteen into a Refrigerator or a Tek Trough and will get an Iced Canteen after 60 seconds. Drinking from an Iced Canteen increases your Hyperthermal insulation by 84 and decreases your hypothermal insulation by the same amount, which makes it easier to survive in the heat of Scorched Earth days, but more difficult during the cold nights. Once removed from the fridge, the Iced Canteen will "spoil" into a normal canteen after 10 minutes. However, leaving it in the fridge will extend the spoil time to what equates to almost 3 real years.
Notes / Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Due to a bug the canteen couldn't be refilled in a tap before v192.0.. Currently (2019-08-10) this bug is happening again.
- Due to a bug it is possible to have a broken Canteen, which will not be repairable and cannot be filled with water. This bug occurs when putting a canteen in a water tap.
- The item icon is modeled after the US Military’s standard issue canteen and A.L.I.C.E. LC-2 canteen cover.
- In Primitive Plus 1.5 this engram cannot be learned.
- Cheat command "AddEquipmentDurability <amount>" can be used to add water to canteen in hotbar.
References[edit | edit source]
- Nubsly (1 August 2015). "Canteens, Water Taps, and v192". General Discussions. ARK: Survival Evolved Steam Community. Retrieved August 1, 2015.