Carnivorous Caverns (Ragnarok)
|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Ragnarok|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4, Epic Games.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
21.1° Lat, 40.4° Lon
21.8° Lat, 42.2° Lon
Overview[edit | edit source]
This cave is also connected to the The Water Tunnels
There are five entrances:
- 17.7, 42.4: Hillside entrance
- 21.1, 40.4: A flooded entrance in the underground wine cellar in Castle of the Swamp
- 21.8, 42.2: The Dead Bluffs entrance
- 2 more entrances connected with The Water Tunnels from Viking Bay (Scuba gear required)
The Artifact of the Immune is located in a large room near the Bio-luminescent Cavern.
Safe Havens[edit | edit source]
At (19.1, 43.3) and (19.0, 41.7) there is a small safe haven with light and plants. Here you can collect Fiber, Berries, and Wood. Here you can also check the time of day through the skylight, which is perfect for finding out if the Megalosauruses are active.
Bio-luminescent Cavern[edit | edit source]
This part of the cavern is still the same as the rest with the exception of tree roots, moss, and the fact that you can see due to the bio-luminescent mushrooms on the walls. The Artifact of the Immune is found in this part near the safe havens.
Safe Haven[edit | edit source]
At (23.6, 45.2), (23.3, 41.3), and (22.5, 42.6) there is a small safe havens just like the ones listed above.
At (22.2, 44.1) there is a huge safe haven, or oasis, with a large pond in the center and a big skylight. In the pond you can find many large Obsidian rocks.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Insane darkness, especially in some waterways
- Getting lost
- Unseen creatures, but ones that can see you
- Mega Rabies from a Megalania
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Torch Or Glow Stick
- Grappling Hooks or Climbing Pick
- A powerful light source, such as Flare Guns or Night Vision Goggles (or turning your gamma up)
- Or tek
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Only in the Safe Havens[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to the safe havens, you can actually live in this cave, solely, up to metal tier!
- Like many non-dungeon caves in Ragnarok, fliers are allowed to fly here, making Artifact retrieval easier.