Central Cave is referred to as "The Middle Chamber" in ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile
|This page is outdated. Please help if you can.|
The talk page may contain more information.
Reason: "PC Update v252.0 introduced an entirely new cave design.
Most of the information on this page is no longer valid including, but not limited to walk-throughs, tips, notes, and recommendations, compatible tamed creatures, possible dangers, loot, and coordinates."
41.5° Lat, 46.9° Lon
Artifact of the Clever
39.6° Lat, 45.9° Lon
39.6° Lat, 45.9° Lon
- Tight corridors which can make fights requiring range a huge problem.
- And ledges can make some creatures slip off! Bring saddles so you can ride them and navigate them across the ledges.
- Especially dangerous with Megalosaurus around the corner when using splash damage weapons.
- Multiple paths that loop back together may cause some players to get lost.
- Large amounts of Piranha are in the water section which is difficult to see before being in the water. Do not enter the water without a strong mount.
- Arthropluera acid attack will break primitive Flak Armor in 1 - 2 hits (Not recommended, because you can´t repair it. So take Hide Armor to get a bit of Armor)
- Megalosaurus become active here at night and are fierce opponents with devastating attacks. During the day they are slower and weaker than they are at night, but running into one is still an unpleasant experience.
- Hide Armor (in case Arthropluera breaks your Armor. Make sure you have some Fiber with you to repair it with Hide you find in the cave)
- Crossbow and Grappling Hooks
- Cooked Meat
- Medical Brew
- Stimberry or Stimulant
- Bug Repellant
- Simple Shotgun Ammo
- Direwolf (Use alongside tribemates, remember to howl for maximum pack bonus.)
- Sabertooth (Use with higher quality saddles.)
- Baryonyx (Use your stun & height to your advantage! You can disable all water threats and stay above the height of arthropleura spit. Heal it by going into the water and killing the fish for easy healing and making this cave a lot easier with this tame.)
- Gigantopithecus (Can not harvest Chitin.)
- Bringing a high level baryonyx or sabertooth is by far one of the most efficient methods to clearing this cave. The baryonyx and sabertooth can easily enter the cave and get to the Artifact of the Clever. There is also a lake filled with piranhas, allowing you to get tons of fish meat to heal your baryonyx.
- If you're riding another mount or have a small group already (direwolves for chitin farming, for example), the terrible pathing of the baryonyx (in this cave especially) can be cumbersome to constantly correct. It is viable to bring a baryonyx in a crypod and simply release it for the lake areas, then re-pod it when the area is cleared, to avoid an extremely annoying trip out.
- The ranged heavy damage of gigantopithecus will help you clear this cave with little effort, even without bug repellent. But you will have to dismount to get the artifact and you won't be able to harvest chitin with it.
Compatible Tamed Creatures
This table is incomplete.
You can help us by adding the tamed creatures you know can enter the cave. If the creature can't enter, please exclude it.
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave
- Many creatures can fit inside effortlessly.
- There is an underwater segment in the artifact room that is NOT necessary to obtain the artifact.
- Central Cave is also referred to as "Chitin Cave" because of how easy it is to obtain chitin while riding on a sabertooth, direwolf or raptor.
- This cave also contains the Rockwell Record #17 and dossiers of Megalodon and Araneo.
- This cave is a common place for megalosaurus spawns, making it a prime destination if you wish to tame these animals.
- Due to tight spaces, fighting on foot is very troublesome. Using grenades, shotguns or ranged weapons to fight around corners is a good idea. But if you disturb a megalosaurus in the process, you and your mounts may be in grave danger.
- Megatherium DO NOT FIT in the entrance and can only be brought into the cave with a cryopod.
- Direwolf can smell the dossiers for easy XP.
- [Confirmed on PC] Tames on follow may seem to glitch and disappear forever when exiting the cave. Still a current issue as of September 2020. During the transition from under- to overworld, follower dinos suddenly seem to think that the path to their leader is under the artifact pool. Tames will glitch under the world and be unrecoverable until they drown. Before reaching the exit of the cave where the world loads, UNfollow all tame and take them out one at a time, to be safe.
- As of 09/2020 the artifact may not be present when reaching its chamber. Sometimes it will spawn in after time has passed; sometimes leaving the chamber area so it is not loaded (heading back towards the surface) will bring it back; sometimes it will be there when you turn around again.