Charge Lantern (Aberration)
|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Aberration, Valguero, Genesis: Part 1, Crystal Isles|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4, Epic Games.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
|Weaponized Charge Light that damages and stuns lifeforms. Place down to ward off dangers in an area. Uses Charge Batteries as fuel.|
|Ammo used||Charge Battery|
cheat GFI LanternCharge 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/WeaponRadioactiveLanternCharge/PrimalItem_WeaponRadioactiveLanternCharge.PrimalItem_WeaponRadioactiveLanternCharge'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 80|
|Engram Points||32 EP|
|Crafting XP||26.4 XP|
|Crafted in|| Fabricator|
|Required Stations|| Fabricator|
Resources breakdown [ ]
120 × Electronics
2 × Charge Battery
400 × Congealed Gas Ball
Usage[edit | edit source]
The Charge Lantern uses Charge Batteries as ammunition. It utilizes Charge Light to fire electrical voltage at the desired target. Most creatures are unfazed/unhurt by the weapon's light, however, it is especially useful against the Nameless and the Reaper.
When the Charge Lantern is thrown by pressing alt-fire, it is placed down and acts as a light source in form of a spotlight. When used in this way, it deters the above mentioned creatures.
Charge Durations When Placed[edit | edit source]
Depending on the intensity, lanterns go through energy at different rates. Note that these times assume the server runs with zero rollbacks: for practical purposes, the real world times will be a bit longer.
|Intensity||Duration per Charge Unit||Fully Charged (500 Units)||Fully Charged with 50 Full Batteries (25,500 Units)|
|Low||1m||8h 20m||17d 17h|
|High||18s||2h 30m||5d 7h 30m|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Seekers thrive on the weapon. It invigorates them to attack, so it should not be used against them.
- The Charge Lantern does NOT kill Nameless, it just forces them to retreat for a while.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When used against a Nameless, it will attempt to cover its eyes from the Charge Lantern's light beam before burying itself away.
- Looks like Force Lightning from Star Wars when firing.
- Does not affect Insect Swarms
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Charge Lantern is an invention made by Sir Edmund Rockwell.
- During his time on Aberration before and during his time with the Tek tribe, he was extensively researching the properties of the bioluminescent "Charge" which he was soon able to convert it into electricity.