CrossARK Transfers is a game mechanic in ARK: Survival Evolved where the player can transfer their survivor, items and tames ("objects") from one ARK to another ARK. Effectively, the player is being transported from one ARK to another via an uploads and downloads system.
Transfers can be used to move objects from one server to another even if the map on both servers differs.
- Loot Crate (only official or dedicated Aberration servers)
- Supply Crate (only official or dedicated servers)
- City Terminal (Extinction)
- Mission Dispatcher (Genesis: Part 1 and Genesis: Part 2)
- Stryder Transmitter on Hacked/Tamed Tek Stryder (Genesis: Part 2) (This can only transfer items)
There is a chance that objects will be eliminated without any notice whatsoever during the process.
There are limitations as to how the Transfers work:
- All items, dinos and survivors can only be transferred within the server cluster.
- Items, dinos and survivors can only be transferred from PvE to PvE servers and only PvP to PvP servers.
- Items, dinos and survivors can only be transferred from official to official servers and unofficial servers to unofficial servers within the server cluster.
Not everything can be transferred to other servers either. Aside from server setting, the following cannot be transferred:
- Inactive Specimen Implant or Homo Deus Record
- Tributes (Excludes Nameless Venom and Primal Crystal )
- Boss Heads
- Element and Element Shard
- Gacha Crystal
- Bee Hive and Plant species x seeds
- Filled Fish Basket (Aberration)
(Note that creatures can be sent via Cryopod to the maps, but can't be released out if the map does not permit them to be uncryopodded.)
Beware that doing so may cause your dino's to reset (they become level 1/their colors may get mixed up/nicknames may disappear/genders may change/or all of the above.)
Same happens with fertalized eggs, levels of hatched dino's get reset to level 1.
- Chalk Golem (To and From)
Flying creatures of all kind cannot be mounted unless the server had permitted it to.
Only the creatures listed below, and all their variants, can be downloaded on Aberration. This limitation can be disabled with the CrossARKAllowForeignDinoDownloads option.
- Abberant Coelacanth
- Aberrant Achatina
- Aberrant Anglerfish
- Aberrant Ankylosaurus
- Aberrant Araneo
- Aberrant Arthropluera
- Aberrant Baryonyx
- Aberrant Beelzebufo
- Aberrant Carbonemys
- Aberrant Carnotaurus
- Aberrant Cnidaria
- Aberrant Dimetrodon
- Aberrant Dimorphodon
- Aberrant Diplocaulus
- Aberrant Diplodocus
- Aberrant Dire Bear
- Aberrant Dodo
- Aberrant Doedicurus
- Aberrant Dung Beetle
- Aberrant Electrophorus
- Aberrant Equus
- Aberrant Gigantopithecus
- Aberrant Iguanodon
- Aberrant Lystrosaurus
- Aberrant Manta
- Aberrant Megalania
- Aberrant Megalosaurus
- Aberrant Meganeura
- Aberrant Moschops
- Aberrant Otter
- Aberrant Ovis
- Aberrant Paraceratherium
- Aberrant Parasaur
- Aberrant Piranha
- Aberrant Pulmonoscorpius
- Aberrant Purlovia
- Aberrant Raptor
- Aberrant Salmon
- Aberrant Sarco
- Aberrant Spino
- Aberrant Stegosaurus
- Aberrant Titanoboa
- Aberrant Triceratops
- Aberrant Trilobite
- Desert Titan
- Dire Bear
- Dung Beetle
- Forest Titan
- Ice Titan
- R-Reaper King
- Rock Drake
- Roll Rat
- Tek Stryder
Genesis: Part 1
Flying creatures of all kind cannot be mounted unless the server had permitted it to. This includes Managarmr
- All tamed Titan (To)
How to Transfer
When the following above structure is accessed, there are three tabs, "ARK Data", "Creatures", and "Tribute".
- When the "Tribute" tab is chosen, every item you put in the inventory of the Obelisk is accessible by everyone and could be used as a Tribute to summon one of the shown Bosses. (In the case of City Terminal, it is used to craft specific items)
- When the "Creatures" tab is chosen, the inventory screen changes and is divided into an upper part and a lower part. The upper part shows all tamed Creatures which can be transferred. Select one and press the little footprint-like button to upload the selected Creature. Now it will be listed in the lower part with a cool-down timer. Remove the saddle beforehand and transfer it via the "ARK Data" tab, since everything in the tamed Creature's Inventory will be dropped. Only tames which are near the above structures will be listed and those that have been transferred will disappear. If the tamed Creature has been downloaded, they will automatically be following the player who downloaded them.
- Items will be transferred via the "ARK Data" tab.
- NOTE: On servers there will be a cool-down, on local play-throughs, there is no cool-down.
- To move yourself, use the "Upload Survivor"-Button in the middle.
It is also possible to transfer your tamed Dino's this way with the same restrictions as listed above. If you upload one of your tames, their inventory will be dropped in the process. Remember to empty it before (including the saddle).
After downloading dinos there is a hidden 12-hour cool-down before you are able to upload them again. Additionally females will get a breeding cool-down as well.
If there are too many tamed dinos in the server, the dino cannot be downloaded into the server (It will remain in the cloud despite multiple download clicks) unless it has at least one spot free.
Utilizing Cryopod will deter the hidden transfer cool-down or the automatic breeding cool-down and since it is regarded as an item, it can be downloaded even if there are too many tamed dinos in the server.
There have been reports of players losing their character by using the transmitting-feature. This is often caused by error, crash or server rollback/maintenance when attempting to download or downloaded before the next server save, so use this feature at your own risk.
If a rollback occurred on servers that you had your character transferred from, and you lost your character on the server you transferred you, the game will still force you to create a new character as if you do not have any on the server despite it existing. This is in lieu with the Anti-duping technology intended to prevent duping of characters. 
Characters/Dinos/Items uploaded to ARK cloud has a 24-hour time limit in multiplayer. Ensure you are set to download them into another server before the timer runs out, or else your items will decay in your upload when the timer goes past 0.
- A Tek Transmitter is really helpful to transport items around, even on the same ARK.
- CrossARK transfers is used on official servers to trade (Steam has a dedicated forum for ARK trades. Note that you must be logged in on an account that owns ARK to access).
- To transfer your character on a console Player Dedicated server (Not A Cluster). Use "cheat playercommand Ascend1", this will force upload your character. Please note you need to be admin on server to do this. Once your character is uploaded the person who is hosting the server can change the map, when you join select "Download Survivor" you should see your character.
- At the start of Genesis: Part 2, several R-Variant dino were mistakenly permitted into Aberration. These dino do not have an Aberrant variant in said ARK.