|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Epic Games, Stadia.|
The Cryofridge is a structure in ARK: Survival Evolved. It stores and charges Cryopods and allows them to last forever when powered. Can be powered by either a Tek Generator or from an Electrical Outlet being powered by either a Wind Turbine or Electrical Generator.
A Cryofridge can be placed on any foundation structure or can be placed directly on the ground similar to troughs and Tek Generators
- The decay timer (on servers that have this enabled) is longer for tek structures than most others. For long absences from a base with a Cryofridge, one solution is to place a Tek Generator and Cryofridge(s) on the natural ground instead of on a structure as any foundation structure will decay before the Cryofridge does.
- A Cryopod placed in a Cryofridge will charge at the same speed as it would decay in the player inventory.
- The Cryofridge was once an Extinction-exclusive engram. This was changed with the release of Valguero, where it became accessible in all maps. Since the 298.3 it's possible to craft Cryofridges in an Obelisk, Supply Crate, Loot Crate, or in a Deep Sea Loot Crate.
- Cryopodded Dinos in the Cryofridge die if the Cryofridge hasn't been accessed for over 30 days and isn't powered, regardless of the charge level of the cryopods.
- Cryopods will charge in a player inventory, if the player is sleeping in a powered Tek Sleeping Pod.
- The Cryofridge is treated as a Tek structure and can only be damaged by Explosives, the Tek Rifle, Tek Saddles, an Arthropluera, a Titanosaur, Corrupted Creatures, Enraged Creatures, Titans, Bosses, or the DodoRex.
Painting and Color Regions
|This page is outdated. Please help if you can.|
The talk page may contain more information.
The Cryofridge is not currently paint-able, however this object may be re-mapped to include paint regions in a future update.
|285.104||Cryofridge is added to the game.|
|329.5||Cryofridge is now paintable.|