|This article is about content exclusive to the Event: Fear Evolved, Turkey Trial, Winter Wonderland, Eggcellent Adventure, Awesome Anniversary, Fear Evolved 2, Turkey Trial 2, Winter Wonderland 2, Fear Evolved 3, Turkey Trial 3, Fear Evolved 4, Turkey Trial 4|
This content is not available outside of these Events.
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/DodoRex/DodoRex_Character_BP.DodoRex_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant DodoRex (Gauntlet2)
cheat summon DodoRex_Character_BP_STA_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Missions/ModularMission/Gauntlet2/STA/Dinos/DodoRex_Character_BP_STA.DodoRex_Character_BP_STA'" 500 0 0 35
1 Only during Turkey Trial
The DodoRex is a fan-made creature that has been implemented as part of the ARK: Fear Evolved event. It also appears during various other events, and as a summoned creature in missions within Genesis: Part 2.
- Movement: The DodoRex is very fast and can sprint faster than most creatures for short periods of time. It can also swim very well and is incredibly fast in the water.
- Attacks: The DodoRex has two attacks. The melee damage attack is focused forward only, it is a small AOE that appears to only harm about a 30 degree cone in front of it. Its fire breath attack appears to be a frontal AOE affecting a 90 degree+ area. The DodoRex cannot use his frontal fire AOE while he is swimming in the water. The DodoRex can damage metal structures; he obliterates metal foundations/walls within seconds. He is also stronger than the dragon boss.
- Health: It has 666,666 health points in the wild at level 1 (usually the level it spawns at). It also regenerates 250 hit points per second. With its health regeneration and high HP pool, it will likely take multiple players and multiple resources to even lose a small amount of his total hit point pool.
- ARK: Fear Evolved, ARK: Fear Evolved 2, ARK: Fear Evolved 3 and ARK: Fear Evolved 4: The DodoRex spawns every third day at midnight in a random location of The Island, giving about 7 minutes for the players to kill it. When it spawns, a message appears to every online player stating The DodoRex has appeared and the moon turns orange with a silhouette of the DodoRex's head, and no more will be spawned until three 24 min cycles have passed. It is advised to gather multiple tribes and split up scout areas around the 20:00 on the night of the third 24 min cycle, giving you 4 minutes to get into a nice spread set of positions to locate it faster.
- ARK: Turkey Trial: the Dodorex can be summoned and claimed at a cooking pot using 1000 × Wishbones. It is rideable without saddle and will stay for 15 minutes before disappearing.
- ARK: Turkey Trial 2, ARK: Turkey Trial 3 and ARK: Turkey Trial 4: the Dodorex can be summoned and claimed at a cooking pot using 400 × Wishbones. It is rideable without saddle and will stay for 25 minutes before disappearing.
- ARK: Winter Wonderland: The DodoRex can be summoned and claimed at a cooking pot using 166 × Coal.
- ARK: Winter Wonderland 2: The DodoRex can be summoned and claimed at a cooking pot using 300 × Coal.
- ARK: Eggcellent Adventure: The DodoRex can be summoned and claimed at a cooking pot using 600 × Bunny Egg.
- ARK: Awesome Anniversary: The DodoRex can be summoned and claimed at a cooking pot using 100 × Birthday Cake. It is rideable without saddle and will stay for 30 minutes before disappearing.
- Genesis: Part 2: The Dodorex is automatically summoned as the final boss for Survive the ARK mission.
At first glance, it has the body structure of a large, feathered Tyrannosaurus with the head of a Dodo. Its body is mostly covered in brown and dark brown feathers that are slightly rusted in gold in some areas. The head, the front of the neck, the underbelly, the lower area of the legs, and the tail are completely bald. The front of the neck and the underbelly are a dark shade of beige with rust-like, dark texturing while the bald area of the legs and tail are bluish grey with small, rust-like areas of beige. All bald areas have visible fissures, but the tail and very lower part of the underbelly exclusively have neon blue stripes. The arms represent the modern reconstruction of Dromaeosaurs with feathers making the shape of small bird wings, except there is only one visible finger on each hand. The head is Tyrannosaurus-like in shape and is mostly dandelion yellow with bulged, dodo-like beak parts at the front that are colored black while slightly rusted with pale brown. Small growths appear on top of the tip of the beak.
The mouth contains sixteen fangs on the lower jaw and eighteen fangs on the upper jaw. There also appears to be no lips to cover the fangs. The two back fangs of the upper jaw are just behind where the modioli terminate. The upper jaw also has visible skull indents made by the orbit, the theantorbital fenestrae, and two unknown fenestrae above, leaving a darker shade of dandelion yellow on all but the orbit indents. The back of the lower jaw appears to have small bumps. The eyes are tiny and yellowish orange with black pupils. Above the orbits are extended brows similar to that of a Carnotaurus, but terminate in obstioderms. The feet are Theropod-like with scaled plating on the top and front. The scaled plating terminates under the knees. Each claw is peach-like white with rust-like, grey texturing.
Color Scheme and Regions
The DodoRex always spawns with the same color scheme and has no color regions.
This means it is currently impossible to make alterations to the DodoRex's colors.
Fear Evolved: DodoRex Hunter
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Base Value||Level Increase||Taming Bonus|
|Movement||Base Speed||Sprinting Speed||Stamina|
The fire-breath attack yields up to 2000 damage (probably depending on the number of flames the target is covered with) and is applied over the duration of 10s. The flame-damage is not affected by the Melee Damage-Stat and thus cannot be increased by level-ups.
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding-stats with an external tool.
The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
This section describes how to fight against the DodoRex.
Even though the DodoRex is an event only creature, its existence should not be taken lightly, it can destroy metal structures and take on hordes of high-level dinosaurs. If another tribe summons it to take on your base, pull all of your forces together and target the DodoRex before anything else. Be warned that if a tribe is dedicated enough to summon one of these creatures on you, (a very costly endeavor in itself) they likely hold some kind of grudge against you.
A good strategy to kill a Dodorex is to lure it into the ocean where it can't use its fire. You can then attack with some Mosasaurus and Plesiosaur from behind, or use a Basilosaurus. You can also have one Quetzal with a few platform saddles or an Argentavis, use a Grappling Hook on the Argentavis (Or stand on the saddle, in the case of the Quetzal), and fire at it from above. Make sure this is done away from the ocean, so its fire breath cannot reach you.
On Genesis Part 2 a Dragon (summoned tamed for 5 minutes in the red micro-obelisk for 10000 gauntlet marks) can instantly kill zomdodos, fly around the DodoRex and spit fireballs.
If taken to the water, use dinos with powerful attacks like the Mosasaurus, Megalodon, or Basilosaurus. Avoid using faster water mounts, as speed and circling around the Dodorex will only waste stamina and get your tame killed. The best dino choices here would be a damage-focused Basilosaurus with a mate boost and possible Yutyrannus on a raft. If faced on land, use Managarmr to freeze the beast, while Allosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus and other attackers can focus it down. Wyverns are able to deal an immense amount of damage, but be careful with AI special attacks as they may deal friendly fire. Not the case for Tropical Crystal Wyverns however!
The DodoRex has two attacks: melee and fire-breath. Both of these can easily kill an unprepared player. Keep a safe distance if you encounter one, and it won't be able to damage you. Try standing on a Quetzal platform saddle and shooting from above if you are having trouble with the aforementioned strategies.
The DodoRex also spawns at a set level, and thus the Basilosaurus strategy will always work no matter the difficulty.
- The DodoRex is actually a user-made creature by DragonAsis and Drugged Kaddy 
- In Ark Digest #11 it was asked if the DodoRex will be implemented. It was confirmed that "it will make a limited-event appearance on certain, very special days this year." 
- The DodoRex dossier was released in parts, starting on 25 September 2015 on Twitter with a picture of a torn, blooded page, followed few hours later by the DodoRex graphic on Steam with a description: "This is a strange Dossier, it was found by itself, covered in blood, among a pile of gnarled bones. We expect to have more information over the next couple of weeks as we continue to research the cause of this spooky atrocity!"
- DodoRex is roughly as large as a Giganotosaurus.
- DodoRex is also by far one of the strongest and hardest creature to kill in the game due to its very large HP pool, powerful attacks, fast speed, and fast health regeneration.
- The blood on the dossier suggests the writer died or was injured after sighting the DodoRex.
- The Fear Evolved Soundtrack can be heard when the player is near the DodoRex.
- Prior to the 225.1 patch, the DodoRex would award the Rex Dossier when killed.
- There is no in-game dossier for the DodoRex anymore.
- The DodoRex is one of the only creatures in the game that can effectively take down beasts like the Titanosaur and Giganotosaurus
- It is also the only event creature that made a simulation appearance at Genesis: Part 2.
- Despite being the Hybrid between Dodo and Rex, DodoRex itself actually shares Spinosaur's animation(especially biting).
- The DodoRex's health of 666666, stamina of 1666, and melee damage of 666 all reference the number of the beast, 666; this number is often associated with evil.
|221.0||Added the Dodorex, ZomDodo, and the DodoRex Mask Skin for the ARK: Fear Evolved event.|
|225.1||The DodoRex dossier is now given when claiming it.|
|237.1||Summoned DodoRex is now auto-tamed and doesn't run forward forever.|
|315.4||Prevented the Dodowyvern and DodoRex from being able to be picked up with a hoverskiff.|
- https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/3qv4uk/actual_dodorex_healing_amount/ Actual DodoRex healing amount
- ARK Smart Breeding
- http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/2/613958868369167990/ [ART] New Dino Dossier!
- http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/7/535151589903572608/ Ark Digest #11