The Egg Incubator is designed to maintain the temperature of the eggs while incubating them inside. Adjusting the temperature adjust it for any egg residing inside the incubator, so planning is advised when hatching eggs from it.
While outside of the incubators inventory. Walking in front of it and looking at an egg from up close will show the colour regions and levels. But you can't interact with the eggs except by opening the inventory of the incubator.
The bar below the eggs represent the percentage to hatching, and its health pulse, color ranging from blue (very healthy) to orange (very unhealthy). Care must be taken if an attempt to hatch the egg was taken, as when unpowered or without at its optimal temperature, eggs can be destroyed in the process if left for too long.
Upon reaching 100%, a manual ejection from the Incubator's inventory is required to release the newborn, which will appear in front of the Incubator. Inferior eggs can be cracked(destroyed) via similar way that leave nothing behind if you do not want to make kibble from said eggs.
Hatching Speed Bonus
The Incubator cuts the hatch time down. The maximum boost is 20%, which can be reached if the device is set to maintain the egg's best temperature (which is the middle point of the temperature range needed to hatch the egg, rounded half up).
The Incubator will still hatch the egg as long as the exterior temperature is not too extreme, even unpowered. There will be no Hatching Speed Bonus nor Showing the stats of the offspring when unpowered, incubation process and egg health are shown as normal.
- The Egg Incubator does not automatically adjust temperatures for whichever eggs are placed inside. In other words, it is impossible to incubate two eggs with contrasting temperatures (e.g. Wyvern Eggs and Rock Drake Eggs, together), without manually adjusting the temperature range to either egg. Therefore, the device is best applied for batch-incubating eggs with the same or similar temperature ranges with each other.
- After traveling to Genesis 2 and unlocking it, you cannot craft it in the Fabricator on your home server/map. Crafting it in the Tek Replicator is possible though. It is believed to be a glitch and only temporary. Not enough information currently. This may be resolved by placing a new fabricator or picking up and replacing your fabricator on your home world.
- There is a limit of 3 Incubators in an area.
- Rarely, some eggs do not show the stats.
- If you are unable to see the Incubation status, make sure you have the Floating Names option enabled in the Advanced settings under the Pause Menu.
- The result of a dino ejection can potentially result in being stuck in/on it, this can be resolved by using a Cryopod, suicide with Organic Polymer and Self-Inflicted Knockout with a variety of Torpor Consumables(?)
- The fertilized eggs in the Egg Incubator cannot be taken away after becoming 0.0%
|329.5||Egg Incubator is added to the game.|
|329.9||Fixed a replication issue with the Egg Incubator.|
|329.14||Fixed a client crash related to eggs and the egg incubator.|