Found in Supply Crate
The following items require electricity to run:
- Omnidirectional Lamppost
- Air Conditioner
- Remote Keypad
- Auto Turret
- Elevator Track
- Chemistry Bench
Tips and Tricks
- Its range to connect to electrical devices is about 2.5 foundations/walls long.
- Assuming you build a Generator in the center of a foundation, place one vertical cable then an outlet directly above, the Outlet will reach all devices just shy of 4 foundations away, as you can see in the picture below.
- Like pipes, cables will cut through all buildings.
- Only the cable to which the Outlet was initially attached will provide it with electricity. If you attach another wire from another elecricity source to other side of the Outlet - it will not provide the Outlet with electricity. Consider this when making your electronics that are meant to be backed up. Instead of connecting two electricity sources directly in one outlet, it is better to link them using an intersection and then place an outlet on one of the free ends of that intersection.
- The Electrical Outlet is treated as a wooden structure and can not be damaged by hands, stone weapons, or non-explosive ranged attacks.
- The following aggressive creatures can not damage the Electrical Outlet:
- Dung Beetle
- Giant Bee
- Insect Swarm
- Sabertooth Salmon
- Terror Bird
Painting and Color Regions
The Electrical Outlet is not currently paint-able, however this object may be re-mapped to include paint regions in a future update.