|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Stadia.|
Grows from Spinach Seeds.
Spinach can be used to tame Dinos, just as Lettuce and Fresh Sorghum (Primitive Plus). Taming with Spinach is twice as fast as taming with normal crops (e.g. Rockarrot) by using the same amount. If you don't have the right kibble it's the best way to tame herbivores, although taming effectiveness can drop really low.
Spinach, Lettuce and Sorghum restore 20 food points during taming process. You need the same amount of spinach as you would need basic crops, but crops restore 40 points. That's why taming with spinach is twice as fast.
- Only known use of Fresh Spinach in version 1.5 is taming.
- Confirmed for Brontosaurus, Carbonemys, Castoroides, Diplodocus, Dodo, Pachy, Paraceratherium, Parasaur, Phiomia, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Woolly Rhino
- Doedicurus does not eat Spinach.
- Ankylosaurus does not eat Spinach but eats Lettuce (Primitive Plus), Fresh Sorghum (Primitive Plus) and Fresh Coffee Fruit (Primitive Plus) which all have the same effect.
- Kentrosaurus does not eat Spinach nor Lettuce (Primitive Plus) but Soybean (Primitive Plus).