Ghillie Armor is a mid-tier armor that offers moderate physical protection, good cold protection, and high heat protection. It can be seen as an upgrade to Cloth Armor. It also provides the wearer with camouflage. Each piece provides 32 armor for a total of 160 with a full set.
It is also used for obtaining honey from allied Bee Hives.
The resource cost for a full set of Ghillie Armor is:
The Ghillie Armor set works as a camouflage suit, as it reduces the enemy visibility range by 50%, which makes it easier to stay unnoticed by predators.
A full set of Ghillie Armor provides 155 heat protection and 24 cold protection. This, combined with its camouflage and 160 armor, makes it a good general-purpose armor.
Use this command to give yourself a full set of Ghillie Armor
|cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Ghillie/PrimalItemArmor_GhillieHelmet.PrimalItemArmor_GhillieHelmet'" 1 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Ghillie/PrimalItemArmor_GhillieShirt.PrimalItemArmor_GhillieShirt'" 1 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Ghillie/PrimalItemArmor_GhillieGloves.PrimalItemArmor_GhillieGloves'" 1 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Ghillie/PrimalItemArmor_GhilliePants.PrimalItemArmor_GhilliePants'" 1 0 0 | cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Ghillie/PrimalItemArmor_GhillieBoots.PrimalItemArmor_GhillieBoots'" 1 0 0
cheat gfi GhillieHelmet 1 0 0 | cheat gfi GhillieShirt 1 0 0 | cheat gfi GhilliePants 1 0 0 | cheat gfi GhillieGloves 1 0 0 | cheat gfi GhillieBoots 1 0 0
- Despite the resource cost of the armor being cheap, the Organic Polymer used in crafting requires a trip through the Snow Biome, which can be a very dangerous journey if one is unprepared. Maintaining the armor will require subsequent trips.
- A tamed Achatina can not only produce Organic Polymer used to make Ghillie Suits but also extends the spoilage timer on it making trips to the Snow Biome unnecessary.
- Alternatively, one could search for Hesperornis in The Footpaw or Southern Jungle (shores) as they drop Organic Polymer on death like Kairuku.
- The Grinder can be used to convert Polymer-based items to Organic Polymer, but the conversion rate is only 4:1, so it will effectively increase the maintenance costs by 400%.
- Alternatively, one may also go fishing for the Organic Polymer, but this can be unreliable, time consuming, and often requires journeying into dangerous areas in order to acquire Sap or Leech Blood to use as bait.
- On Scorched Earth Ghillie Armor is rather difficult to acquire as you must hunt Mantis which are one of the strongest enemies in the desert.
- In Primitive Plus Ghillie Armor doesn't require Organic Polymer and Hide for crafting but Feathers and Leather respectively, making it easier to craft at the DLC areas.
- it is quite odd that the ghillie armour helps you stay cool. Ghillie suits in real life are insulating and don't breathe very well, making them ill-suited for exceptionally warm environments.
- What's even more odd is the use of organic polymer. Plastics and polymers are not as breathable as fabrics or plant fibers.
- In first person, some of the tips on the blades of grass are pink.
- A combination of Ghillie and Flak is best for regulating the temperatures