- Wild: Gigantopithecus fibrarator is a strange creature. It is usually quite passive, but it has a very short temper when it comes to its personal space. Once another creature gets close, this gentle giant quickly becomes a rampaging beast. Best to give them a wide berth.
- Domesticated: In addition to being at home picking berries a tamed Gigantopithecus can be taught to harvest the fibers found on many island plants as well. It appears to be entirely content to pick at plants all day, eat the berries, and hold the fibers for its tribe. Playful once tamed, Gigantopithecus seems to enjoy throwing its shoulder-mounted rider into the air. It probably feels this is a game, but clever brigands can use this "game" to vault over walls and small cliffs.
- Known Information: Gigantopithecus seems most happy to lazily lay about, picking berries from plants. Many Gigantopithecus spend much of their day in one small area unless they are provoked.
Gigantopithecus, while peacefully tamable like the Ichthy, will attack if you do not give him space after you feed him. He will hang around the area but is susceptible to aggressive dinosaurs.
Basically Bigfoot, but only slightly larger than an average human.
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point|
Gigantopithecus Can be tamed non violently in a manner similar to that of Ichthyosaurus, but with the risk of the creature becoming aggressive if you get too close.
It takes approximately 4 Kibble (Titanoboa Egg) to tame a level four Gigantopithecus.
One method of taming one requires EXTREME patience, a flying mount, and about 400+ mejo berries (Tested on a level 72). Taming them on some servers can be next to impossible, as they can be registered server side as being in contact with your character, which makes them aggro without you even moving or touching them. As soon as this happens, you must fly into the skybox, and wait for them to de-aggro, which can take about 30 seconds to a minute. Within this time, they will lose about 5-10 % of their tame progress, rendering the process a frustrating game of chance, hoping that they don't bump into you and start attacking. However, you can also just get on any mount and wait, as they will de-aggro in the same amount of time and will not attack your mount.
If you stay behind them at all times and do not enter their field of view, then the chances of being attacked while feeding them are minimal.
-Just tamed one (lvl 68, Aug 20, 2015 about 3am Eastern), feeding timer was 15 seconds, I always fed it from behind, while it was walking to help get back out of it's box quicker. It took about 140 or so mejo berries.
-Tamed one(lvl 2) it took 20 minutes and feeding timer was 12 second. It took 60 mejoberries
Gigantopithecus Gameplay Video
- Gigantopithecus was added to the game in version 201.0 on August 18, 2015
- Gigantopithecus means "giant ape" in Greek.
- First known creature to harvest fibers.
- Relic Gigantopithecus are one theory for sightings of large, hairy primates (Sasquatch, Yeti, etc.).
- According to some scientists, Gigantopithecus was nearly 10 feet tall and thus the biggest ape that ever lived. Therefore, he would have weighed more than 500 kilograms, comparable to a full-grown polar bear.
- Dossier revealed on 06/24/2015 .