|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Epic Games.|
It is a very effective weapon for underwater combat and for knocking out sea creatures. However, its not a viable weapon on land, as the projectiles will not travel very far.
- After firing bolts, it is possible to pick them back up (if they don't break).
- The Harpoon Launcher has a much higher range when fired underwater.
- This item doesn't appear to be part of any supply beacons. This means outside of the Genesis simulation, they can only be primitive and end up being outperformed by high-quality (above 193% damage) crossbows, which are cheaper and more efficient.
- Spear Bolts loaded in Harpoon Launchers are smaller than ones loaded in Ballista Turret.
- Prior to Patch 330.8 fitting the Harpoon Launcher with Net Projectile rendered it ineffective and unusable underwater, but effective on land.