cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_CropPlot_Large.PrimalItemStructure_CropPlot_Large'" 1 0 0
The Large Crop Plot is the third farming plot you can craft. It allows you to plant all types of seeds and holds 600 water. It can be placed anywhere on the ground, provided the area is relatively flat. Compared to the Medium Crop Plot, it can store 200 more water. Currently the Plant Species X Seed, the Plant Species Y Seed and the Plant Species Z Seed are the only seeds which require the Large Crop Plot. For all other plants and berry seed, the Medium Crop Plot and Small Crop Plot are sufficient.
In order to grow a crop, you will need three things:
- A seed. One of the following plant seeds: , , , , , , or . (Berry seeds also work, but do not benefit from being planted in a Large Crop Plot instead of a Small Crop Plot.)
- Irrigation. Usually a water source connected to the plot using a Stone Tap or a Metal Tap. Rainwater or water from a Waterskin also works, but is less reliable.
- Fertilization. Fertilizer made in a Compost Bin or by a Dung Beetle or converted in a Toilet lasts the longest, but takes a bit of time to make, so starting with simple Feces might be easier.
Once the plot is irrigated and fertilized, you can place the seed in its inventory and it will be planted after a few seconds.
The plant will mature through several stages over the course of several day cycles, and once it has reached Fruitling status you will be able to harvest it continuously.
Fruitlings will grow and hold up to 300 of their planted berry type or up to 150 if one of the non-berries is planted. Once harvested they will slowly grow back until reaching the maximum yield again.
To change the current plant, access the radial menu by holding 'E', then select 'destroy plant'. This will allow a new seed to be planted.
- Prematurely harvesting a plot does not seem to affect the growth of plants.
- As long as the plot is kept watered and fertilized, it will never need to be reseeded.
- Crops rot very slowly when left in the crop plot. However, they will start rotting at regular speed if they run out of fertilizer.
- Prior to 282.102 on Scorched Earth, crop plots could only be placed in "Sunlit Locations". These locations had to be found and are not just anywhere open to sunlight.
- If you build over a "Sunlit Location" then the roof of your structure will count as Sunlit over the same spot. The roof of normal buildings do not count as "Sunlit Locations".
- A plot also has a small chance to spawn a new seed of its own in each yield that can be removed and used to start another plot.
- Feces continue to spoil when placed inside a crop plot, regardless of the remaining nitrogen, possibly wasting some of it if put in bulk.
- It seems that the Cashew Tree (Primitive Plus) requires a Large Crop Plot.
- The Large Crop Plot is treated as a wooden structure and can not be damaged by hands, stone weapons, or non-explosive ranged attacks.
- The following aggressive creatures can not damage the Large Crop Plot:
- Dung Beetle
- Giant Bee
- Insect Swarm
- Sabertooth Salmon
- Terror Bird
Painting and Color Regions
The Large Crop Plot is not currently paint-able, however this object may be re-mapped to include paint regions in a future update.
|318.9||Fixed a bug which caused Large Crop Plots to be fully irrigated when placed.|