Lesser Antidote is a consumable in ARK: Survival Evolved. It is mainly used to cure Swamp Fever, transmitted from a Diseased Leech among other sources, but can also be used to cure other minor ailments.
Upon consuming the Lesser Antidote, the player will have the debuffs from Swamp Fever, Gashed and Dilophosaur's venom removed, as well as curing Mega Rabies caused by Megalania and Onyc. While the effect is active, the player is immune from being mind controlled by a Noglin. The player will gain immunity from re-acquiring these effects for three minutes.
With the increase of spoil timer in 312.65, it is advisable to farm up and maintain a stockpile of antidotes, similar to stockpiling Medical Brews. This is because they offer temporary removal of swamp fever, increasing weight and hp, and more critically, immunity to being mind controlled by a Noglin for three minutes. On PvP servers with tribe slot timer where caging is allowed, players being noglined and then caged can be extremely damaging. Since lesser antidotes offer a hard counter to noglins, it is advisable to always carry a few and keep the effect on constantly while pvping in caves or restricted spaces.
Leech Blood or Horns
- Use a crossbow (or other ranged weapon if necessary) while on the raft deck to kill the leeches without risking them attaching to you then harvest the leech blood using a Metal Hatchet.
- If a Titanoboa gets near, hide in the room and use a melee weapon to kill it when it clips inside the room.
- Have a campfire going inside the raft room in order to burn off any leeches that latch on during harvest or to cook up prime meat from the Titanoboa.
- If you don't build the boat out of stone, beware of Sarcos since they can do decent damage to wooden structures.
Another option is to ride a Rex into the swamps and kill all the leeches. Once finished, harvest them using the Rex or a Hatchet. Using a Dino will prevent leeches from becoming attached to the player. This method will work with any carnivore but to be safe from Kaprosuchus' grab ability make sure your Dino is immune to it, usually by being too big to carry. A Rex or Spino is for this reason recommended.
Leech blood can also be harvested in a large amount by going into the Swamp Cave and killing the leeches in the ponds before they latch onto you or your mount.
The easiest way to obtain Rare Flower is from inside beaver dams. When opening a beaver dam, any nearby beavers will immediately gain aggro and attack you. If you have access to Ragnarok, they grow wild all over the map (blue flowers on the ground) and in Valguero, usually near a beehive.
There are a couple ways to deal with this threat.
- Have a friend open the dam and kite the beavers away while you loot the dams freely. If the beavers are dragged far enough from their dams, the friend can return to help collect loot.
- Bola the beavers and quickly loot the dam before the bolas wear off.
- Stand on top of a mounted animal on passive. A Stegosaurus or Triceratops will be able to climb to a rock or cliff where the Beaver's can't follow.
- Lure the beavers to nearby predators such as Raptor and Sarco, the predators will attack the beavers and you can loot the dam when they are busy on fighting.
- The easiest way will be to use a raft. With stone foundations on it, Beavers won't be able to climb on top.
Players on The Island can also obtain plenty of Rare Flowers while gathering berries along the shores of the swamp. A Therizinosaur or a Brontosaurus are the best choices for gathering large quantities quickly. Bring these animals to the swamp and keep hacking away at the bushes, you will end up with plenty of flowers quickly.
Rare Mushroom can be obtained from inside beaver dams, like Rare Flower. They are also obtained by chopping down the trees in the swamp that have visible roots above ground. A Theri, Bronto or Mammoth would do the job, but Theriz are encumbered easily and the Bronto also gathers other unwanted items. Mammoths don't encumber quickly since their weight reduction for wood. Players can also use an Ankylosaurus when mining Crystal nodes to obtain small quantities of mushrooms.
- This recipe was introduced first with Woolly Rhino Horn as ingredient, but this was changed in 242.3 to Narcotic.
- Even though Lesser Antidote can't be stored in a Refrigerator, it can be stored in a Preserving Bin. This will not lengthen the spoil time, however.
- Since 246.3 you can also use Deathworm Horns instead of Leech Blood.
- Since 312.65 Tamed Creatures can no longer consume antidote.
|242.0||Lesser Antidote is added to the game.|