cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/Cherufe/Cherufe_Character_BP.Cherufe_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Magmasaur (Gauntlet)
cheat summon Cherufe_Character_BP_Gauntlet_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Gauntlet/Volcanic/Cherufe_Character_BP_Gauntlet.Cherufe_Character_BP_Gauntlet'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Magmasaur (Retrieve)
cheat summon Cherufe_Character_BP_Retrieve_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Retrieve/Volcanic/Cherufe_Character_BP_Retrieve.Cherufe_Character_BP_Retrieve'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Magmasaur (Summoned)
cheat summon Cherufe_Character_BP_Summoned_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Dinos/Summoner/SummonedDinos/Cherufe_Character_BP_Summoned.Cherufe_Character_BP_Summoned'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Magmasaur (Gauntlet2)
cheat summon Cherufe_Character_BP_STA_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Missions/ModularMission/Gauntlet2/STA/Dinos/Cherufe_Character_BP_STA.Cherufe_Character_BP_STA'" 500 0 0 35
1 Adults cannot be tamed, but Wild Eggs can be hatched.
3 Can only breed in lava.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Combat
- 3 Raising
- 4 Utility
- 5 Spotlight
- 6 Notes/Trivia
- 7 Lore
- 8 Bugs and Glitches
- 9 Changelog
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
The Magmasaur is a fire-based Creature that gains strength and charges up attacks through heat. It has an affinity for lava to the point of even swimming in it, and dislikes water. The Magmasaur has a heat-resistant Saddle that protects the survivor from heat, fire, and lava.
The Magmasaur will consume many different materials, including gasoline, stone, raw and cooked meats, organic polymer, and ambergris. Magmasaurs are able to act as a mobile forge and refine/smelt the same materials as a Refining Forge.
Cold temperatures will negatively affect the charge time of Magmasaur searing spit attacks and both swimming and being in water or lava that is too deep will disable searing spit attacks.
The Magmasaur has the appearance resembling a bearded dragon. Having a similar head and body shape (it also kind of looks like a rocky molten version of a rock drake). It can be found in and around any source of lava in the volcano biome. They can also be found in very large numbers around their egg spawns inside the volcano.
Color Scheme and Regions
This section displays the Magmasaur's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Magmasaur. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Magmasaur will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
This information can be used to alter the Magmasaur's regions by entering
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID> in the cheat console. For instance,
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Magmasaur's "main" magenta.
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Base Value||Level Increase||Taming Bonus|
|Base Speed||Sprinting Speed||Stamina|
|Bite||Stamina Cost||Attack Range||Description|
|Attack Type||Damage||Projectile Values||Torpor Values||Status Effect: Stamina||Status Effect: Torpidity|
|Life||Impulse||Radius||Base||Mult||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount|
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding stats with an external tool.
The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
This section describes how to fight against the Magmasaur.
The Magmasaur is a formidable opponent, it has multiple attack styles which can be very devastating.
The first attack that the Magmasaur has is searing spit which can strike as far as 15-20 foundations away, and can instantly destroy wood, stone, as well as metal structures within a few foundation range of the impact. It can kill any under-geared or overwhelmed survivor instantly and can hit you even if you are riding something. Survivors should be cautious they don’t find themselves on the receiving end of this attack.
The second attack that the Magmasaur can use when a survivor(s) or tamed dinosaur(s) stray too close is searing flame which causes burn damage over time. The debuff will constantly refresh until a survivor has either ran out of range or killed the Magmasaur.
There are two good strategies for dealing with Magmasaurs.
The first is to deal with them at range, but keep in mind that Magmasaurs take reduced damage from fire arms, and you will have to dodge searing spit attacks. A high quality Compound Bow is recommended for ranged attacks.
The second requires a tame and requires you to quickly close distance with a Magmasaur. While in melee range, Magmasaurs will rarely, if ever, use their searing spit attacks. As that is their most devastating attack, it makes them much easier to kill. Always be on the lookout for other nearby Magmasaurs who may use their spit attacks while you’re engaged in a melee fight!
The Magmasaur is completely immune to lava. A survivor should make sure they have a decent distance between themselves and the surrounding Magmasaurs before attempting to grab any eggs from their den.
Try and use ranged tools to attack the Magmasaur as it has dangerous abilities for close quarters combat. It's recommended to use a strong ground tame.
A group of survivors could possibly use any range weapon to deal damage to a Magmasaur to get aggro on a fast mount, while the other survivors wait until the Magmasaurs are far enough away from an egg before attempting to grab one.
A strong creature with high dps can kill it if you engage the magmasaur in a fight, like a high level ferox with decent melee damage.
A Crossbow would also work if a survivor is trying to lure any Magmasaur(s) away from an egg.
The Magmasaur can fire meteor-like projectiles from a long distance, and their short ranged burn attack can be deadly for survivors and Creatures who stray too close. It can also wipe your wood, stone, and even metal base. They can shoot Dinos/Humans outside of turret range, much like the Managarmr during release of its state.
The Magmasaur's shotgun blast shoots out drops of ignited oil that can catch creatures on fire as well as giving a narcotic effect to creatures and players that are directly hit by it.Thus can knock you out because it does around 100 torpor with a well placed hit. Its shotgun blast also has knockback to cause creatures to be caught in the ignited oil, dealing burn and direct damage.
The Magmasaur is weak when exposed to cold temperatures, more so when in water (including rain).
Although risky, a survivor can flank a single Magmasaur and be able to stay behind it because of it's horrendous turn radius.
Its shotgun attack only covers its flanks.
Wild Magmasaurs cannot be tamed. The survivor must steal and hatch Magmasaur Egg , or have two tamed Magmasaur breed in a lava puddle at the Volcano Biome Simulation to produce an egg. Magmasaur eggs can only be found in Magmasaur nests. The best way to steal them is to use a Cactus Broth (Scorched Earth) and ghillie armor to avoid getting detected, and then use Grappling Hooks, and a glider suit skin to fly around until you find a good egg. Prepare a teleportation and grab the egg at the last second to avoid getting hit.
A Magmasaur egg has a five hour incubation period.
Baby Magmasaurs require Ambergris or Sulfur to feed off until adulthood, which are only obtainable through mining glowing cracked/tinted green rock found in the lunar biome. Ambergris restores 500 food on babies, and they have a 20 minute spoil timer upon acquisition.
As Ambergris can be stored in Fridges and Tek Troughs, it is advised to use the Tek trough when accessible, to preserve the Ambergris up to, at most, one day to feed Juvenile and Adolescent Magmasaurs.
Magmasaur babies lose 12 Food / per minute, or 720 food / per hour, within their baby state. Their consumption rates will be much lower upon reaching adolescent and adult stages.
Magmasaur are able to spit out "Searing Spit" while ridden or allowed to with Metal Ingot in its inventory. Holding the right mouse button(Left Trigger on Console) strengthens the Searing Spit, unleashing a barrage of lava when it lands. This cannot be used or has a very slow charge rate while it's submerged in water, or while it's in cold temperature biomes such as the Arctic biome or cold parts of the Lunar biome, but its charge rate is increased in hot temperatures, commonly found throughout the Volcano Biome.
If allowed to charge up searing spit but not spit it out, pressing "c"(Clicking Right Stick on Console) will cause the Magmasaur to fire explosive shrapnel around its side instead, exploding nearby. It can also harm itself as well, while minimal, so care must be taken when using this,it also will do torpor it can be used to knock out other magmasaurs for easy access to the eggs.
- Tank: Magmasaurs can have a very high Health pool. Pair that along with their AOE taunt ability (space bar)(“A” button on Xbox) they can aggro other dinos around them while other tribe members kill them. With the added ability of eating Ambergris to heal 250 hp each. Magmasaurs also have moderately high base damage (Level on Health. Leveling their melee is ill-advised).
- Mobile Forge/Campfire: It can smelt/convert the following items like the Phoenix per 20 seconds:
While smelting, its food drops substantially and will attempt to eat any Raw Meat inside, which are insubstantial food. Keeping mainly Stones unless trying to cook meat will maintain their food. (Level in Weight, and avoid using Searing Spit as food will drain to zero.)
- Golem Killer: Excluding the X-Rock Elemental (which takes reduced damage), the Magmasaur can do full damage to the Rock Elemental and it's variants (untested from recent patches) using it's melee and fireball attacks. This allows you to easily counter any enemy golems.
- Mobile Stone Base Contruction: The Magmasaur is capable of harvesting stone, wood and thatch, and the Mining Drill can be equipped while in the cockpit. If the rider moves all the stone, thatch and wood to their inventory, they can get weight reduction and craft massive amounts of stone base components such as foundations and pillars, all while the Magmasaur is still capable of moving and harvesting even more. Combined with Focal Chili and leveled weight, a Magmasaur and the rider can make hundreds of stone components in a single hour.
- Metal/Mineral Gatherer: The Magmasaur exceeds the Ankylosaurus in terms of metal gathering by virtue of its increased mobility, weight capacity, and "apex" status that makes most non-apex predators ignore you while you gather metal. Also, since they make the rider immune to the volcanic eruption, you can continue farming inside the volcano which is ironically safer to do on PvP servers, just don't dismount until the eruption subsides! They can also harvest obsidian and crystal at much higher amounts. The downside is that they can't be picked up by an Argentavis (if flyers are available) or Karkinos but for the solo farmer, look no further than the Magmasaur. (Level in Weight and a little melee if needed.)
- Orbital Supply Drop Crowd Control: With its rage smoke, hordes of corrupted dinos will have their attention drawn to it. This enables the Magmasaur to round up all of the corrupted creatures into a single horde, making it easier for the damage dealers. Its lava nature also makes it immune to the Corrupted Wyverns fire breath.(Needs Testing after recent patches) Position Magmasaurs at high ground points around the Orbital Supply Drop.
- Mortar/Base Destroyer: Using its AOE magma ball, a Magmasaur can damage all structures, including Tek, making it useful at sending barrages of fire upon an enemy's base, especially powerful when fired nearby because it will still deal damage when hitting the Magmasaur.
- Taming assistant mount: Magmasaur's C button while charging, which is the explosive projectile splatters from the side, this attack can deal massive amount of torpor damage, what's more you can use it rapidly, but there's high chance killing the target instead.
- Dragon Boss Fighter: The Magmasaur is immune to all fire-based attacks, including the Dragon’s flame breath. This allows it to tank very well, in tandem with the offensive action of other tames.
The Magmasaur reduces the Weight of the following resources by the listed amount while they are in its inventory:
|Raw Prime Meat||★★★★☆|
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Magmasaur, see the relevant Wikipedia article.
- The Magmasaur Egg has a maximum level of 150, much like the Deinonychus Egg.
- The Magmasaur's charge spit attack now consumes 1 Metal Ingot per hit; not affected by the percentage of the charge.
- The Magmasaur is the second Creature to be prominently and directly affected by its environmental surroundings as a direct Status Effect, as opposed to an indirect Status Effect like Radiation; specifically high and low temperatures are instrumental in its affect to the Magmasaur, and even rain will affect it.
- Technically, the Spinosaurus is the first creature, becoming stronger when in water and not as strong while out.
- The term Cherufe refers to a demonic-like, man-eating humanoid creature from mythology of the Mapuche people of Chile. Made of lava, magma, and burning hot rock, the Cherufe is said to live in volcanic areas on the surface and beneath the earth, as well as be a source of meteorites, volcanic eruptions, and earthquakes. To calm the creature and temporarily stall its hunger for destruction, human sacrifices (particularly young virgin women) were required to be brought and thrown into volcanoes or volcanic pools.
- The Rage effect for the Magmasaur lasts 15 seconds.
- HLN-A's Note 7 shows an image of what appears to be a baby Magmasaur head alongside the adult.
- The Magmasaur will not survive in lava on the maps Valguero or Ragnarok, however it does survive The Island volcano's lava, making it the perfect place to breed. Note: It seems you can breed them in the ragnarok volcano after updates.
- They can be bred with your own fire wyverns flames but this requires alot of stamina and patience.
- This will not work if the server has friendly fire disabled.
- Like all Genesis: Part 1 exclusive creatures, the Magmasaur does not have a proper Dossier made by Helena, as Helena was not present as a normal survivor in the simulation.
- Compared to other raise-only tames like Rock Drake and Wyvern, the Baby Magmasaur’s food drop rate is similar to that of any other babies, unlike the aforementioned two creature’s children.
- Baby/juvenile Magmasaurs do not start emitting fire around itself until it has matured to 25% growth. (Even without "Enable Smelting" on) This doesn't affect the ambient temperature however.
- There is no way to avoid getting damaged by the Searing Spit other than riding a tamed Magmasaur, however the flame DoT can be nullified if you're wearing full set of Hazard Suit Armor.
- Despite the lore indicating Magmasaur's dislike of water, it is actually a capable water mount, losing only its special attacks and ability to smelt. It cannot regain stamina in the water but is otherwise of similar capability to a Spinosaurus with good speed, a powerful bite (one of the few creatures with a more powerful bite than the Rex, rivaling a Mosasaur), long endurance and low oxygen drain. It is also more efficient at harvesting metal than a Dunkleosteus.
- An unmounted tamed Magmasaur is faster than a mounted one, but will swim slower.
- The Magmasaur is one of the five species that cannot be tamed, but still can be acquired by the survivor through other means, with the others being Wyvern, Rock Drake, Reaper and Deinonychus.
- If a Magmasaur is left on a flame geyser found in the volcanic biome, it will slowly begin to collect Oil and recharge it's Searing Spit.
- Before survivors appeared on the ARKs, the people and minds (Homo Deus) that made the ARKs tested the Genesis Simulation exclusive creatures on the ARKs themselves. The Magmasaur was tested on Scorched Earth for an unknown reason.
- HLN-A mentions in one of her notes that the Magmasaur was originally engineered to live on Scorched Earth, before being scrapped and reimplemented for the Genesis simulation. She notes that the magmasaur was being tested on Scorched Earth to see if it would fit in a desert environment. But with the fact that the Genesis Simulation and its technology came before the ARKs, the magmasaur most likely came from the Genesis Simulation and couldn't be on the ARKs due to its already deadly lava affinity being able to easily burn and destroy the desert wildlife.
Bugs and Glitches
- The Magmasaur's searing spit will go through walls if fired close enough
- Magmasaur ignores the presence of any survivor or building for spawn range inside the volcano, and will appear periodically in bulks of two-four regardless if the area is rendered or derendered.
- Magmasaur are not immune to Enflamed debuff, especially from Fire Wyvern flames and Magmasaur searing spit.
- The Magmasaur is incapable of harvesting Jug Bug corpses.
- Despite being immune to most lava, the lava in the Jungle Dungeon on Ragnarok and all lava on Crystal Isles will damage them.
- It is also noteworthy that even though the lava in the Tek Cave of The Island was more or less patched via 309.4 and most of the lava in the cave will no longer damage the Magmasaur, there are still a few certain lava places in the cave that still damage it. Oddly enough, the patch also made the deadly water at the end of the cave no longer hurt the Magmasaur as well.
- There seems to be a sporadic bug where the Magmasaur will eat 10x what it should when in Smelting mode and with health missing. It will empty it's food bar completely when doing so even with an inventory full of meat.
- A fix may be feeding the Magmasaur until it is 100% full which resets the rate at which it is consuming its food bar. Having it to be at full health again brings back the food consumption to normal as well.
- The Magmasaur saddle does not protect shoulder pets while inside the Volcano during a volcanic eruption.
- Wild Magmasaurs can sometimes be frozen into position if you move out of their range when they are fully charged and try hitting you with the searing spit.
- The saddle makes the rider invulnerable from everything but sometimes the charged buff will set you on fire.
- The lava in the volcano is sometimes treated like water and prevents the Magmasaur from charging up.
- An extremely rare glitch happens when you dismount and then mount the Magmasaur quickly before the volcano erupts this sometimes disables the saddle’s Ability to save you from the eruption.
- One bug allows you to use searing spit without any Metal Ingots.
- Using a flame geyser mentioned above, the Searing Spit is charged indefinitely until used. (e.g. through spitting a lava ball.)
|306.41 Genesis: Part 1 Expansion Release||Magmasaur is added to the game|
|309.4||The lava in the caves of The Island, South East Cave and Tek Cave, and the lava of Scorched Earth in the World Scar trench no longer damage the Magmasaur|
Magmasaur can now be spayed or neutered
|310.67||Fixed an exploit with the Magmasaur|
|315.2||Fixed a bug where the Magmasaur could damage sructures with Offline Raid Protection on|
|338.23||Increased Magmasaur’s smelting and cooking output by 100%|