|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Epic Games, Stadia.|
The Magmasaur Egg takes 4h 59m 58.56s to hatch. It must be in the temperature range of 90 to 110 °C / 194 to 230 °F to successfully hatch, otherwise it will start to lose Health. The female Magmasaur needs between 18h and 2d before having the capacity to lay eggs again. The incubation time can be reduced by up to 20% if the egg is placed in an Egg Incubator at the ideal temperature.
NOTE: The information shows how to get the egg without any building in the volcano (Due to the fact the entire den is a mission area), and without any form of flying creatures.
Magmasaur Egg are only found inside the Volcano, past the two entrance found at Lavaclaw Flow (33.2 Latitude and 82.5 Longitude) and Scorch'n'Slide (29.7 Latitude and 78.3 Longitude). Below the Volcano are lava pools and makeshift terrain nests made from dirt, some of which contains the eggs (sometimes partially submerged in lava). Upon stealing the egg, all nearby Magmasaur will begin to attack the survivor. The fact there are no usable flying creatures in genesis combined with the limited time the survivor can stay in the volcano and other nearby creatures (most notably Rock Elemental (X Variant) makes acquiring these eggs quite dangerous. While it is possible to teleport out from within the den, it is imperative to do so only within a safe place due to the number of hostile creatures crawling around the volcano.
Survivors are encouraged only to bring what they are willing to lose, as fighting a Magmasaur (or a bundle) head on is a foolish idea without the right creature to keep its distance from the creature's effect, and taking into account of the Rock Elemental nearby.
Bloodstalker and giant Ferox are a good way to get the eggs from the Magmasaur. Take into account that Bloodstalker's health are not high, along with the weight, and as such is best to avoid confrontation as it would lead to a quick death if not handled carefully. On the other hand, Ferox have a limited timer after they shapeshifts to giant, and due to the nature of where the eggs are obtained, must be cautious when climbing out of the den with a Ferox.
If you have the DLC Extinction the Enforcer can be a good option to steal the eggs from their nests and thanks to their speed and teleportation you will be able to escape before you are attacked, but since the enforcer has little life it will have to be one of good level
- Out of all the eggs obtained through stealing from raise-only dinosaur, Magmasaur Eggs are the only ones that is not found in an stick and straw nest, but rather at a makeshift earthen nest on the ground.
- Magmasaur eggs have a maximum level of 150 on official rates.
- It is the only egg that has an unfertilized egg spawning in the mission "Egg-straction".
- Magmasaur Eggs are the second eggs obtainable via both stealing it from a nest and by breeding two tames parents. The others being the Deinonychus Egg ,, Crystal Wyvern Egg and Wyvern Egg respectively.
- Like the Wyvern Eggs, Magmasaur Eggs can spoil in the players inventory as soon as it is picked up. Using this admin command "admincheat destroyall DroppedItemGeneric_FertilizedEgg_NoPhysicsCherufe_C" will destroy out all eggs that have not been collected by players, unsure newly spawned egg will be on the map when a player goes to collect the egg.