The Minigun is a weapon in Genesis: Part 2. It is a deployable weapon that can be used to rapidly fire at a target. The Minigun requires the survivor to wind it up, and it can overheat from overuse. It also prevents use while on a different ark than the one in which in it was created, for example you cannot not craft one on Genesis Part: 2 and transfer it to Scorched Earth.
The Minigun can be spun up by pressing Rmb, , without firing, which will increase your rate of fire. It will not cool down until you stop firing and if fired for too long (6 seconds when hand held and 12 when deployed) will overheat. When overheated you will not be able to fire or spin up the gun until it cools down. When it is spun down it will keep the increased firing rate for a short time and speed up the mouse sensitivity, allowing you to turn quicker and get a new target. While it cools down it is best to reload the gun (Due to the time it takes to cool back down afterwards you are better off to reload if you wish to keep it out).
You can deploy the Minigun by pressing Left Ctrl, , . When deployed, the survivor is able to better concentrate their fire on a target due to increased accuracy(no recoil or scatter if deployed) and reduced spinup times and also cannot hurt friendly dinos. It also gains much more durability and doesn't need to reload, however it is hampered by being stationary, while also having a limited angle of fire.
The Minigun when spun up and/or firing will reduce your mouse sensitivity and movement speed, so targets like alpha raptors are ill advised due to the speed they move (and sheer amount of circling they do). It is also expensive to use due to requiring a large amount of materials to create a Minigun and it costs 118 Advanced Rifle Bullets to fire for 6 seconds.
- The Minigun cools down passively, meaning you could switch to a different weapon or new Minigun and wait for the Minigun to cool down. It is unknown if this is a bug or a feature, as the Tek Rifle cannot passively cool down.
- The Minigun is great at destroying large or slow targets as every shot can hit the target.
- If using a Spyglass before mounting a deployed Minigun the camera will be zoomed in and not have the scope texture on screen, making it a very effective scope.
- If the Minigun is picked up while deployed it will have an empty magazine and return the bullets that were inside of its inventory.
- A full magazine requires a total of × 300 & × 2700 to acquire thus a Chemistry Bench and Industrial Forge is an absolute necessity.
- Cannot be deployed in boss arenas, and probably ill advised to be used against any bosses due to a damage reduction. (Tested on Crystal Wyvern Queen)
|329.5||Minigun is added to the game.|
|329.27||Fixed a bug where the Minigun would revert its quality when being placed on the ground|
- Transferring the Minigun may cause it to overheat, and never cooldown, thus making it useless, placing the turret and re-logging will fix this glitch (Single Player fix)
- Prior to server v329.27, placing the minigun would reset it to basic primitive. It now retains its quality but it will still say that you have picked up a primitive minigun.
Clothing & Tools Weapons Saddles Skins Chibi-Pets Weapons For a side-by-side comparison of all weapons, see the Weapons page! For a comparison of reload and draw times, see Weapon Mechanics! Melee Ranged Primitive Firearms Attachments Ammunition Bullets Projectiles Other Tools Emplacements Explosives Traps Spawnables