This article is about Minigun Turret, not to be confused with Auto Turret, Heavy Auto Turret, Ballista Turret, Catapult Turret, Rocket Turret, Tek Turret, or Eerie Turret
|Mount this to fire a hail of Advanced Rifle Bullets at your enemies. Powered by the rider.|
|Ammo used||Advanced Rifle Bullet|
|Rate of fire||10 RPS|
cheat GFI TurretMini 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_TurretMinigun.PrimalItemStructure_TurretMinigun'" 1 0 0
|Required level||Level 94|
|Engram Points||80 EP|
|Crafting XP||1280 XP|
|Crafted in|| Fabricator|
|Required Stations||Refining Forge|
The Minigun Turret is a stationary turret that fires Advanced Rifle Bullet. Players must mount the turret to control and fire it. Like its counterpart, the Rocket Turret, this turret does not need to be powered by a source of fuel.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is a fairly common misconception that the Minigun Turret is bugged because players can not occasionally seem to hit their targets with it at first. In reality, however, there is no bug to that. Players must aggravate any and all targeted creatures in order for their shots with the Minigun Turret while firing it to register.
- The weight of the materials is incredible and will quickly encumber even the largest of dinosaurs that are not designed to take the load, even encumbering low level brontosauruses. The Minigun Turret is much lighter than it may seem to be once it is assembled.
- The accuracy of the Minigun turret is comparable to that of the assault rifle when fired in small bursts.
- When aiming the Minigun, contrary to first impressions the center of the sight is not where bullet will hit, instead it is better to aim with the tip of the vertical arrow.
- Do not place the Minigun Turret too close to any unbreakable rock walls or else you will be kicked off the turret if you rotate into the wall and you will have no choice but to destroy it.
- The Minigun Turret does enough damage per second that it can quite effectively counteract the 250 hp a second regen of the DodoRex, though this is very costly, and would probably require backups since the DodoRex can damage the turret.
- The Minigun Turret works underwater, feel free to mount it on top of a tamed Plesiosaur.
- The Minigun Turret is treated as a stone structure and can only be damaged by:
- Metal Weapons (5%)
- Tek Sword (~218%)
- Explosives (150%)
- Ballista Turret (40%)
- Cannon (~137%)
- Therizinosaur (Headbutt only, ~2%)
- Dunkleosteus (15%)
- Corrupted Creatures
- Alpha Creatures (10%)
- Enraged Creatures
- DodoRex (300%)
- Dodo Wyvern (300%)
- Bosses (10%)
- Titanosaur (~462%)
- Defense Unit (~462%)
- These can damage stone, but can not damage auto turrets: