|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Genesis: Part 1|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Epic Games.|
Genesis: Part 1 features several missions which can be done alone or in a group, and each Mission has an Alpha, Beta, and Gamma difficulty. There are a total of 176 Missions across the 5 simulated maps. Completing missions grant Hexagons and Reward items as well as XP. Some missions allow you to use tamed creatures, some provide a high-level creature for you to use during the mission, and some do not allow creatures to be used (Tamed creatures in the mission area will automatically be put in a temporary Cryopod on the inventory of the person who initiated the mission after the mission is over. Once these temporary Cryopods are used, they will disappear from the user's inventory.) Missions can be repeated as often as you want, although they will reward significantly fewer Hexagons if repeated at the same difficulty level in a short period.
Each mission contains a Mission Terminal for where the missions can be started. While in progress, it is inaccessible for a new mission until it is done. (Blue signals mission available, Red signals mission in progress). It is also the primary means for transferring tames and survivors across the server.
Following is a list of all available missions.
The following mission types can be found in Genesis: Part 1:
- A Hunt Mission is a type of mission where you follow tracks on the ground until you encounter specific Brute Creatures to defeat. These are marked with a dino skull with two sword symbols.
- Scoring is based on how long it took to kill the Brute Creatures and its cohorts.
- A Race Mission is a straight forward "follow the arrow as fast as you can" type of mission where you will be racing on a high-level dino temporarily given to you for the mission's duration. These are marked with a flag symbol.
- Scoring is based on the time taken to clear the race.
- An arena-style survival mission where you have to survive through 5 rounds where zone-specific dinos spawn and attack you. In this arena, you cannot use your own weapons or dinos. Only arena-spawned weapons are allowed during the mission, but you can use the armor you have on. All weapons spawned in the arena are capable of easily killing the zone-specific dino that spawns. Weapon ammo is unlimited for Gamma. These are marked with a three-dino skull symbol.
- None of the creatures will be able to grab you, but they can still inflict debuffs to a certain degree.
- Scoring is based on the time taken to clear the entire 5 waves.
- HLNA will show the way to points. You will have to stop at each point for a few seconds. At each point, you will have to defend yourself from wild spawning dinos. When you reach the last point, there will be a task, such as collect pollen in the Bog. After you have collected all the items, a timer will start counting down quickly. During this time, you have to race to the finish line to get any rewards. Only all the collected resources need to get to the finish line, not all players in the mission.
- Scoring is based on the time taken to reach and collect the required resources, and escape with it.
- A creature (or more than one, following the first or next) will spawn nearby belonging to the tribe that started the mission. It cannot be commanded under any method. At least a survivor, ridden or not, must be nearby for it to advance. Otherwise, it will pause (if nobody is near the escorting creature for too long, or if too far, the mission will immediately fail). Sometimes aggressive dino will teleport nearby, targeting mainly the creature(s) in question and anyone else nearby. Upon nearing the end of the escort, there are several more creatures nearby awaiting its return. These are marked with 4 arrows pointing at a shield symbol.
- Scoring is based on how much health all the escorted dinos have leftover. Any deaths from the other escorted dinos will incur a score penalty.
- A high-level carriable dino will spawn in the middle of a court to be thrown into the hoops on the end. It respawns afterward once it gets thrown into the hoop.
- There is no scoring system in this type.
- As the mission type states, fish for fishes that lives under the water during the mission.
- Scoring is based on how much time left.
- A treasure hunting-style mission, requiring you to find the glowing particles on each region. Particles spawn every time another is picked up after the first per region and spawn at different parts within the region every time the mission starts. The only way to track them is via following the hand hud in the middle: Green represents the right direction to look for the particles, whereas red represents the opposite.
- Scoring is based on how much time used from collecting all the treasures.
- Eliminate the boss. Simple? Not so. This is a giant terminal marked with a nearly visible Hexagon exclamation mark.
- There is no scoring system in this type.
- The massive leap in difficulty from Beta to Alpha could be explained through the lore of Genesis: Part 1, where HLN-A detected an intruder (Rockwell), increasing the difficulty on all of the tests.