admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/Additions_Pack/Deinosuchus/Dino/Deinosuchus_Character_BP.Deinosuchus_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/Additions_Pack/Deinosuchus/Dino/Deinosuchus_Character_BP_Aberrant.Deinosuchus_Character_BP_Aberrant'" 500 0 0 35
admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/Additions_Pack/Deinosuchus/Dino/Bog_Deinosuchus_Character_BP.Bog_Deinosuchus_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
|This article is about content exclusive to the mod ARK Additions.|
This content is only available if the mod is installed on a server or on single player.
I believed Sarchosuchus was the largest Crocodilian on the Island, until I encountered Deinosuchus. Massive and bulky, this specimen seems to actually be a mix of its' namesake, and a similar species known as Purussaurus. Deinosuchus sport huge and powerful jaws, which they utilize to break the bones of their prey, and halt their escape. Attempting to escape while suffering the effects of their bite can lead to your demise. This coupled with their incredibly tough hide can make disposing of Deinosuchus a difficult and dangerous task.
When tamed, Deinosuchus can make quick work of many creatures, both land and water. Most creatures seem to lack the intelligence to halt their movement when suffering the destructive effects of a Deinosuchus bite, and this ultimately costs them their life. Any tribe in control of a Deinosuchus packs a dangerous punch...or in this case...bite!
The Deinosuchus generally tends to swim around swamps, rivers, and oceans, hunting for prey.
The Deinosuchus is a large crocodilian with a resemblance to the Sarco. However, the Deinosuchus is bulkier and its jaws are more broad.
Color Scheme and Regions
This section displays the Deinosuchus's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Deinosuchus. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Deinosuchus will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
This information can be used to alter the Deinosuchus's regions by entering
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID> in the cheat console. For instance,
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Deinosuchus's "underbelly" magenta.
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Base Value||Level Increase||Taming Bonus|
|Melee Damage||50 / 70||+2.5 / +3.5||+1.7%||11.2%||22%|
This section describes how to fight against the Deinosuchus.
Deinosuchus are more vulnerable on land than in water, so luring one to shore will allow for it to be defeated more easily.
Although Deinosuchus may seem cumbersome on land, it excels in speed once it enters the water. This speed allows a Deinosuchus to make quick work of smaller creatures. It's Chomp attack can do upwards of 500 damage and inflict a Fractured Effect that does damage on a moving target.
Since Deinosuchus are much slower on land, a ranged weapon can be useful to take one down.
- Superior Kibble
- Raw Mutton
- Cooked Lamb Chop
- Raw Prime Meat
- Cooked Prime Meat
- Raw Prime Fish Meat
- Cooked Prime Fish Meat
- Raw Meat
- Cooked Meat
- Raw Fish Meat
- Cooked Fish Meat
Passive Tame: When it is basking with its mouth open, run up and put food in its mouth, Superior Kibble prefered. Ghillie suit makes this much easier but you still must avoid getting too close.
- - This key triggers a simple bite, which can be aimed for quick turns.
- - This key triggers a stronger, slower bite which inflicts the Fractured debuff.
- C - This key triggers a tail swipe which causes knockback.
- Left Control - This key triggers an aesthetic only roar.
- Holding space bar - This triggers a-turn-in place function.
Boss Killer- Due to it's moderate drag weight and powerful bite. It is possible to bring a Deinosuchus into a boss arena and they can be used as a rather powerful mount. What lack in speed, they more then make up for in power. Plus, with the fractured debuff, you will be able to literally bleed down your enemies' health.
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Deinosuchus, see the relevant Wikipedia article.
- Deinosuchus sanguineus roughly translates to "bloodthirsty terrible crocodile."
- Prior to the TLC update, when looking closely at the lower jaw of a Deinosuchus, one would have been be able to spot several black dots. These dots are known as dermal pressure receptors.
- The location of these receptors might indicate the relation of Deinosuchus to alligators (who also have these receptors on the lower jaw), as opposed to crocodiles (who have these receptors all over their bodies).
- The post-TLC model has a skull that likely indicates the closer relation of Deinosuchus to alligators than crocodiles. The first detail that does so is its more U-shaped snout, as opposed to the crocodile's V-shaped snout. The second such detail is that when its mouth is closed, there are almost no lower teeth visible (although alligators do not have ANY lower teeth visible like this), instead of the crocodile's interlocking teeth.