|This article is about the mod Caballus.|
This content is only available by installing the mod on a server or on single player.
Caballus is a lovely designed, horse-themed mod map for ARK: Survival Evolved, developed by Doudel.
- 1 Caballus Custom Map - The equestrian journey
- 2 What makes Caballus special?
- 3 Treasures
- 4 Background Story and Current Content
- 5 Biomes
- 6 Caballus Dungeon Caves
- 7 Caballus Adventure
- 8 Spawn Locations
- 9 Creatures
- 10 Future Content
- 11 Discord Link and community
- 12 Resource Map
Caballus Custom Map - The equestrian journey
Mod ID = 1679826889
For Command Lines: Caballus_P
Caballus means horse in latin - it is a equestrian based Map with innuendos to the equestrian folks and the wonderful equus creature.
It is a equestrian journey, so feel the wind in the mane!
The Map hat arrived the status: complete
The surface is 100% complete and fully playable. The ocean is 100% complete and fully playable. Nearly all dinos are available. 13 Dungeon Caves are available, you can fight against the Island Bosses.
Following this page Caballus is explained in more detail and you will learn about all the specials and secrets of the equestrian journey.
For spontaneous players follow the download link on Steam:
What makes Caballus special?
Caballus Equus Variants
Caballus arrive with special Equus Variants - perfect for collectors and horse lovers!
- Descriptive Name "Horse"
- One BluePrint - so breedable and mate boost
- 28 possible patterns, nearly unpossible to find the same horse in the wilds!
- available as an extra mod for other maps
- The Shimmer Equus
- exclusive for Caballus
- shimmering and glowing
- four different patterns
A lovely designed Environment
- Ruins of the equestrian folks with a variety of beautiful statues
- No Obelisks (just the cosmetic assets) - ARK TERMINALS AVAILABLE
- Realistic and lovely designed environment with brand new foliage
- Huge landmass and ocean world
- Beginner Loot Boxes as Saddle Bags at Player Spawns
- Insane Wyvern Trench and Wyvern Cave
- No air drops and less TEK on the surface - perfect Roleplay (RP) Map
- (Coming) Caballus own Boss Arenas (but with the common bosses) - The Island bosses ARE AVAILABLE
A well-thought-out concept
- Background Story to feel the wind in the mane
- (Coming) Own Explorer Notes to explain the story deeper
- Custom Loot System - Treasures with insane Loot
- All engrams learnable
- Max Level of Dinos is 150 (like on Ragnarok)
Special Variants of Creatures
- Ice Wyvern - more cool colours
- Breedable Griffin - new pattern and more colours
- Breedable Unicorn - more cool colours
- Breedable Shimmer Griffin - shimmering, a little bit bigger, possible to level movement speed
- Breedable Shimmer Unicorn - shimmering, produces pride, fast
A never seen, large biome below the White Birch Mountain
- Aberration of Water: Aberration themed collapsed atlantic world.
- Combined with elements of Extinction
- Story background: Hidden and big secrets of the (ARK) Alien and TEK
- DLC Dinos and resources are implemented
- RockDrakes and Reapers available
- added purple treasure (rare resources and TEK)
A unique biome: The Black Wideness (Obsidian stone)
- A never seen Biome with the Big Dam (Ruins)
- Dino Spawns and Resources like a desert biome
- Trees and black metal nodes dropping charcoal
Good loot left behind by the equestrian folks
- Quality chain: green - blue - yellow - red - purple
- No stupid things like blueprints for a doorframe or anything
- Purple Treasure variant for extreme good loot
- Blueprints from DLC saddles, weapons, tools, and armor, rare resources and TEK
Special Supply Crates/Foliage (like the Giant Beaver Dam from Ragnarok)
- The Anthill (Supply Crate), dropping feces, fertilizer, rare mushrooms and rare flowers
- Pure Flintstones (Foliage) - ocher color Stones to farm only flintstones
- Mushrooms - orange Mushrooms, dropping only rare Mushrooms
- Red metal nodes of Red Crystalized Sap
- Farmable (like plants - with hands) Z plants - dropping Z Seeds
- Farmable Cannabis - dropping Rare Flower
On Caballus, instead of Air Drops you can find Treasures, a loot system different from ARK: Survival Evolved. The Treasures match better to the background story and I want people to search harder for good Loot. REALLY GOOD LOOT.
The quality of Treasures are higher, so it is often possible to find ascendant Items and BPs.
I changed the content of the Treasures, so that there are no items like a blueprint for a doorframe in it.
Quality chain is: green - blue - yellow - red (underwater) - purple.
In the Treasures are Blueprints from the DLC Maps, too: For example a whip, or a Snow Owl Saddle BP.
Available with Level 15:
- Cloth Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
- Hide Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Bloves, Boots.
- Wood Shield
- Desert Clots Boots and Gloves
- Metal Hatchet
- Metal Pick
- Oil Jar
- Stone Hatchet
- Stone Pick
- Wooden Club
Available with Level 35:
- Chitin Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
- Fur Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Bloves, Boots.
- Metal Shield
- Desert Clots Helmet and Pants
- Bronto + Platform
- Thorny Dragon
- Woolly Rhino
- Metal Hatchet
- Metal Pick
- Longneck Rifle
Available with Level 50:
- Metal Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
- Ghilie Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Bloves, Boots.
- Scuba Pants and Flippers
- Desert Clots Shirt and Pants
- Paraceratherium + Platform
- Dire Bear
- Rock Golem
- Snow Owl
- Flare Gun
- One Shot Rifle
- Holo Scope
- Gas Grenade
- Poison Grenade
- Climb Pick
- Maschined Pistol
Treasure Red and Underwater:
Available with Level 70:
- Riot Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
- Miners Helmet
- Scuba Goggles and Tank
- Riot Shield
- Quetz + Platform
- Plesio + Platform
- Mosa + Platform
- Compound Bow
Available with Level 100:
- TEK Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
- TEK Shield
Available with Level 80:
Contains all Apex Drops, for example Boa Skin. And contains the Horseshoes, needed for the Caballus Adventure.
Caballus has also special Loot Boxes at every Player Spawn. The Saddle Bags contain starter items to make the first steps easier!
Background Story and Current Content
|Regions of Caballus|
Caballus is a world born out of the heat.
Grown from lava, cooled and hardened in the wild sea. The largest of the Caballic islands. The still intact volcano formed a multi-faceted world with a variety of biomes, recourses and lives over millennia. Not long was this piece of earth left uninhabited. Ancient nomads first reached the coast of neighbouring islands, until they discovered the richness of resources of Caballus. The different nations were all equestrian folks: numerous, with strength and war experience; always with the goals of reaching wealth and making progress. They changed Caballus a lot, but as a completely new world Caballus turned everything upside down. New creatures were fought, nations continued their education, domestication started, new battles had to be won and leaders were overthrown. But who has remained?
Greed is a sin: Caballus stayed with the wild creatures, remaining horses, ruins and hidden treasures. Were they the first? Even this civilization did not discover all the secrets of this graceful lovely world.
What's your decision?
Cooperation or war?
Which of the equestrian peoples suits your character?
Three nations fought for Caballus:
The Blue Scythians, who populated the areas of Griffin Mountain, Redwood and the area covered with snow.
The Green Huns, which conquered the grassland, the swamp and the jungle.
Finally the Red Csíkos who managed the impetuous and threatening volcano area with the Black Widen and the Steppe.
Caballus has the following content at the moment:
- exciting background story
- Beginner Loot in form of SaddleBags (Crates) at every Player Spawn
- Treasures with insane loot instead of air drops
- special color variants for Equus, Unicorn, Phoenix, Ice Wyvern and Griffin
- A lot of Biomes:
- Griffin Mountain (medium)
- White Birch Mountain (medium)
- Jungle (medium)
- Swamp (medium)
- Beach (easy)
- Steppe (easy)
- Black Wideness (hard) with a little grotto with Light Dinos (AB) in it
- Volcano AND a Wyvern Trench, combined with the Black Beach Biome
- Snow and Redwood Biome (hard) --> this biomes have subbiomes
- Aberration of Water (AB Biome)
- Ocean biome
- 13 stunning dungeon caves
- the equus variants (available as a own mod!)
100% of surface is finished and playable ( But I will add more details!)
- a created terrain with world creator --> Mountains look like mountains in the distance
- new textures --> the result are unique biomes
- all The Island dino spawns, Desertspawns from SE and Aberration spawns, some spawns from Extinction (Managamar, Gacha, Snow Owl, Velo) and Genesis (Ferox, Magamasaur, Bloodstalker)
- bigger than The Island - Caballus has an ocean
- a lot of little caves you can build in
- all important resources
- beautiful statues of Ark dinos
- ruins of the equestrian nation
- monuments instead of the ARK Obelisks, of course the Terminals are available
- Loot out of treasures!
- a lot of dungeon caves with artifacts
- a really nice Jump and Run Cave
- a underwater cave
Download the Map and you will see the beauty of all biomes!
Caballus Dungeon Caves
Caballus has 13 Dungeon Caves. At the end you find artifacts!
- Swamp/Spider Cave - 71 / 09 - Artifact of Cunning
- Ice Cave - 21 / 10 - Artifact of Strong
- Desert Cave - 68 / 84 - Artifact of Immune
- Sanctuary Cave - 53 / 17 - Artifact of Devourer
- Redwood/ Gold Cave - 21 / 48 - Artifact of Pack
- Jungle Cave - 71 / 40 - Artifact of Clever
- Underwater Cave - 98 / 13 - Artifact of Massive
- Jump and Run Cave - 34 / 93 - Artifact of Skylord
- Wyvern Cave - 6 / 28 - Artifact of Brute
- Dam Cave - 50 / 80 - Artifact of Hunter
- Griffin Stronghold Cave - 53 / 11 or 52 / 12 - Artifact of the Crag
- The Sunken Garden Cave - 51 / 75 - Artifact of the Gatekeeper
- Flesh Caverns Cave - 10 / 79 - Artifact of the Destroyer
- Shimmer Forest - 68 / 29 or 80 / 21 - No artifact - Home of the Secret Shimmer Equus
As an endgame content Caballus has an Adventure, just joinable via the Adventure Portal at 17 / 74. You need several items as an tribute to join the Adventure. In the Adventure itself you can find four Artifacts you need to come back. This Adventure is just for the brave, for the strongest Adventurer - if you die everything is lost.
What do you need? Shimmer Griffen Feather Unicorn Pride Poop Apples Horseshoes Rockarrots Artifact of the Gatekeeper, Crag and Destroyer
The Adventure is the only way to get Mutagen on Caballus! The ultimate Treasure to improve your tames!
Approximate Spawn Locations
The Island Dinos
Caballus contains the following creatures from The Island:
- Alpha Carnotaurus
- Alpha Megalodon
- Alpha Raptor
- Alpha T-Rex
- Attack Drone
- Dire Bear
- Dung Beetle
- Giant Bee
- Sabertooth Salmon
- Terror Bird
- Woolly Rhino
Scorched Earth Dinos
Caballus contains the following creatures from Scorched Earth:
- Alpha Deathworm
- Alpha Fire Wyvern
- Rock Elemental
- Fire Wyvern
- Ice Wyvern
- Jug Bug
- Lightning Wyvern
- Oil Jug Bug
- Poison Wyvern
- Thorny Dragon
Caballus contains the following creatures from Aberration:
Findable in a hidden Grotto or in die Aberration of Water Biome.
Caballus contains the following creatures from Extinction:
Genesis: Part 1 Dinos
Caballus contains the following creatures from Genesis: Part 1: also the other X-Variants!
Genesis: Part 2 Dinos
Caballus contains the following creatures from Genesis: Part 2:
- 30px R-Reaper
Caballus also contains the following creatures:
My plan for Caballus and future content in more detail:
- adding more details to the surface
- adding more Caves and more endcontent
- rework the boss arenas, so they have the unique Caballus look
- made own explorer notes for the history of Caballus
- stable and good performance
- try to implement a brand new creature
- always improve the map - I think ARK will give us a lot of content I can implement
Discord Link and community
You can help me to make Caballus better:
Join my Discord and talk to me about everything you think about Caballus!
Tell me all your feedback and report the bugs and issus you find. I will work hard and nearly every day on the development of Caballus.
Nevertheless be kind, it is my first modding project and creating a map takes a lot of time.
The Discord Link: Caballus Discord