|Unofficial Map for ARK with beautiful environment, stunning places, treasures instead of air drops and color variants for equus and more creatures|
|Release Date||March 11th, 2019|
|This article is about the mod Caballus.|
This content is only available by installing the mod on a server or on single player.
Caballus is a lovely designed, horse-themed mod map for ARK: Survival Evolved, developed by Doudel.
- 1 Caballus Custom Map - The equestrian journey
- 2 What makes Caballus special?
- 3 Background Story and Current Content
- 4 Biomes
- 5 Caballus Dungeon Caves
- 6 Spawn Locations
- 7 Creatures
- 8 Future Content
- 9 Discord Link and community
- 10 Resource Map
Caballus Custom Map - The equestrian journey[edit | edit source]
First the Mod ID = 1679826889
For Command Lines: Caballus_P
Caballus means horse in latin - it is a equestrian based Map with innuendos to the equestrian folks and the wonderful equus creature.
It is a equestrian journey, so feel the wind in the mane!
The surface is 98% complete and fully playable.
Following this page Caballus is explained in more detail.
For spontaneous players follow the download link on Steam:
What makes Caballus special?[edit | edit source]
Caballus Equus Variants
- The Dapple
- The Pinto
- The Bayard
- The Quarter
- The Appaloosa
- The Shimmer
A lovely designed Environment
- Ruins of the equestrian folks with a variety of beautiful statues
- No Obelisks (just the cosmetic assets) - ARK TERMINALS AVAILABLE
- Realistic and lovely designed environment with brand new foliage
- Huge landmass and big ocean world (coming)
- Beginner Loot Boxes as Saddle Bags at Player Spawns
- Insane Wyvern Trench and Wyvern Cave
- No air drops and less TEK on the surface - perfect Roleplay (RP) Map
- (Coming) Caballus own Boss Arenas (but with the common bosses) - The Island bosses ARE AVAILABLE
A well-thought-out concept
- Background Story to feel the wind in the mane
- (Coming) Own Explorer Notes to explain the story deeper
- Custom Loot System - Treasures with insane Loot
- All engrams learnable
- Max Level of Dinos is 150 (like on Ragnarok)
Special Color Variants for Creatures
A never seen, large biome below the White Birch Mountain
- Aberration of Water: Aberration themed collapsed atlantic world.
- Combined with elements of Extinction
- Story background: Hidden and big secrets of the (ARK) Alien and TEK
- DLC Dinos and resources are implemented
- RockDrakes and Reapers available
- added purple treasure (rare resources and TEK)
A unique biome: The Black Wideness (Obsidian stone)
- A never seen Biome with the Big Dam (Ruins)
- Dino Spawns and Resources like a desert biome
- Trees and black metal nodes dropping charcoal
Good loot left behind by the equestrian folks
- Quality chain: green - blue - yellow - red - purple
- No stupid things like blueprints for a doorframe or anything
- Purple Treasure variant for extreme good loot
- Blueprints from DLC saddles, weapons, tools, and armor, rare resources and TEK
Special Supply Crates/Foliage (like the Giant Beaver Dam from Ragnarok)
- The Anthill (Supply Crate), dropping feces, fertilizer, rare mushrooms and rare flowers
- Pure Flintstones (Foliage) - ocher color Stones to farm only flintstones
- Mushrooms - orange Mushrooms, dropping only rare Mushrooms
- The Crystal Tree (Supply Crate) - only in the vulcano biome - dropping a high amount of crystal
- Red metal nodes of Red Crystalized Sap
- Farmable (like plants - with hands) Z plants - dropping Z Seeds
- Farmable Cannabis - dropping Rare Flower
All DLC Content will come over time to Caballus!
On Caballus, instead of Air Drops you can find Treasures, a loot system much different from ARK: Survival Evolved's. The Treasures match better to the background story and I want people to search harder for good Loot. REALLY GOOD LOOT The quality of Treasures are higher, so it is more often possible to find ascendant Items and BPs.
I changed the content of the Treasures, so that there are no items like a blueprint for a doorframe in it.
Quality chain is: green - blue - yellow - red (underwater) - purple. In the Treasures are Blueprints from the DLC Maps, too: For example a whip, or a Snow Owl Saddle BP
Available with Level 15:
Cloth Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
Hide Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Bloves, Boots.
Desert Clots Boots and Gloves
Available with Level 35:
Chitin Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
Fur Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Bloves, Boots.
Desert Clots Helmet and Pants
Brontosaddle + Platform
Available with Level 50:
Metal Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
Ghilie Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Bloves, Boots.
Scuba Pants and Flippers
Desert Clots Shirt and Pants
Paracer + Platform
Treasure Red and Underwater:
Available with Level 70:
Riot Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
Scuba Goggles and Tank
Quetz + Platform
Plesio + Platform
Mosa + Platform
Available with Level 100:
TEK Pants, Shirt, Helmet, Gloves, Boots.
Caballus has also special Loot Boxes at every Player Spawn. The Saddle Bags contain starter items to make the first steps easier!
Background Story and Current Content[edit | edit source]
|Regions of Caballus|
Caballus is a world born out of the heat. Grown from lava, cooled and hardened in the wild sea. The largest of the Caballic islands. The still intact volcano formed a multi-faceted world with a variety of biomes, recourses and lives over millennia. Not long was this piece of earth left uninhabited. Ancient nomads first reached the coast of neighbouring islands, until they discovered the richness of resources of Caballus. The different nations were all equestrian folks: numerous, with strength and war experience; always with the goals of reaching wealth and making progress. They changed Caballus a lot, but as a completely new world Caballus turned everything upside down. New creatures were fought, nations continued their education, domestication started, new battles had to be won and leaders were overthrown. But who has remained? Greed is a sin: Caballus stayed with the wild creatures, remaining horses, ruins and hidden treasures. Were they the first? Even this civilization did not discover all the secrets of this graceful lovely world. What´s your decision? Cooperation or war? Which of the equestrian peoples suits your character? Three nations fought for Caballus: The Blue Scythians, who populated the areas of Griffin Mountain, Redwood and the area covered with snow. The Green Huns, which conquered the grassland, the swamp and the jungle. Last the Red Csíkos who managed the impetuous and threatening volcano area with the Black Widen and the Steppe.
- Caballus has the following content at the moment:
- exciting background story
- Beginner Loot in form of SaddleBags (Crates) at every Player Spawn
- Treasures with insane loot instead of air drops
- special color variants for Equus, Unicorn, Phoenix, Ice Wyvern and Griffin
- A lot of Biomes:
- Griffin Mountain (medium)
- White Birch Mountain (medium)
- Jungle (medium)
- Swamp (medium)
- Beach (easy)
- Steppe (easy)
- Black Wideness (hard) with a little grotto with Light Dinos (AB) in it
- Volcano AND a Wyvern Trench, combined with the Black Beach Biome
- Snow and Redwood Biome (hard) --> this biomes have subbiomes
- Aberration of Water (AB Biome)
- the south part of the ocean biome
98% of surface is finished and playable ( But I will add more details!)
- a created terrain with world creator --> Mountains look like mountains in the distance
- new textures --> the result are unique biomes
- all The Island dino spawns, Desertspawns from SE and Aberrationspawns, some spawns from Extinction (Managamar, Gacha, Snow Owl, Velo) and Genesis (Ferox, Magamasaur, Bloodstalker)
- bigger than The Island - Caballus has an ocean
- a lot of little caves you can build in
- all important resources
- beautiful statues of Ark dinos
- ruins of the equestrian nation
- monuments instead of the ARK Obelisks, of course the Terminals are available
- Loot out of treasures!
- a lot of dungeon caves with an artifact
- a really nice Jump and Run Cave
- a underwater cave
Biomes[edit | edit source]
Pictures of the Biomes will come!
Caballus Dungeon Caves[edit | edit source]
Caballus has ten Dungeon Caves (at the moment). At the end you find artifacts!
- Swamp/Spider Cave - 71 / 09 - Artifact of Cunning
- Ice Cave - 21 / 10 - Artifact of Strong
- Desert Cave - 68 / 84 - Artifact of Immune
- Sanctuary Cave - 53 / 17 - Artifact of Devourer
- Redwood/ Gold Cave - 21 / 48 - Artifact of Pack
- Jungle Cave - 71 / 40 - Artifact of Clever
- Underwater Cave - 98 / 13 - Artifact of Massive
- Jump and Run Cave - 34 / 91 - Artifact of Skylord
- Wyvern Cave - 6 / 28 - Artifact of Brute
- Dam Cave - 50 / 80 - Artifact of Hunter
- Shimmer Forest - 68 / 29 or 80 / 21 - No artifact - Home of the Secret Shimmer Equus
Spawn Locations[edit | edit source]
Approximate Spawn Locations
Creatures[edit | edit source]
The Island Dinos[edit | edit source]
Caballus contains the following creatures from The Island:
- Alpha Carnotaurus
- Alpha Megalodon
- Alpha Raptor
- Alpha T-Rex
- Attack Drone
- Dire Bear
- Dung Beetle
- Giant Bee
- Sabertooth Salmon
- Terror Bird
- Woolly Rhino
Scorched Earth Dinos[edit | edit source]
Caballus contains the following creatures from Scorched Earth:
- Alpha Deathworm
- Alpha Fire Wyvern
- Rock Elemental
- Fire Wyvern
- Ice Wyvern
- Jug Bug
- Lightning Wyvern
- Oil Jug Bug
- Poison Wyvern
- Thorny Dragon
Aberration Dinos[edit | edit source]
Caballus contains the following creatures from Aberration:
Findable in a hidden Grotto or in die Aberration of Water Biome.
Extinction Dinos[edit | edit source]
Caballus contains the following creatures from Extinction:
Genesis: Part 1 Dinos[edit | edit source]
Caballus contains the following creatures from Genesis: Part 1:
Special Dinos[edit | edit source]
Caballus also contains the following creatures:
Over time I will implement missing creatures, too!
Future Content[edit | edit source]
My plan for Caballus and future content in more detail:
- adding more details to the surface
- add the rest of the ocean world and making the AB Biome bigger
- rework the boss arenas, so they have the unique Caballus look
- made own explorer notes for the history of Caballus
- balance the dino spawns
- balance resources
- add a lot of the DLC dinos
- create my own unique biomes
- stable and good performance
- try to implement a brand new creature
- always improve the map - I think ARK will give us a lot of content I can implement (GENESIS comes to Caballus, either)
Discord Link and community[edit | edit source]
You can help me to make Caballus better:
Join my Discord and talk to me about everything you think about Caballus!
Tell me all your feedback and report the bugs and issus you find. I will work hard and nearly every day on the development of Caballus.
Nevertheless be kind, it is my first modding project and creating a map takes a lot of time.
The Discord Link: Caballus Discord
Resource Map[edit | edit source]