|This article is about the mod Primal Fear.|
This content is only available by installing the mod on a server or on single player.
Primal Fear is a massive dino mod. This mod adds varying tameable tiers of dinos, as well as special boss dinos. Currently, you can tame Toxics, Alpha's, Apex, Fabled, Omega, Buffoon, Celestial, Demonic, Elder, and Elemental. The bosses include Primal, Origin, and the Creator. Toxic, Alpha, Apex, and Fabled dinos are math based, and are 3x, 5x, 10x 16x vanilla stats. Almost every creature has an alpha variant. Apex variants are carnivorous fighters, and Fabled variants are passive work horses.
On top of dinos, this mod also adds varying items to enhance game play. These items include a tranq system, healing items, dino blood, multiple sets of armor, tranq pike, taming helpers, wake up stimulant, and more!
This mod is still a work in progress so more info and creatures will be added in the future.
Primal Fear is a stackable dino mod for ARK, developed by Steam user Pikkon38. The mod participated in the ARK Modding Contest of 2018 and placed in 4th. In June 2020 Primal Fear joined the Sponsored Mod program.
- Tame, Breed, and Ride all new creatures to expand on your gameplay
- Adds new Taming mechanics for custom creatures
- Custom tiered Kibbled system
- New and more powerful weapons and armor
- Adds crafting stations designated for the mod
- Primal Fear Tribute Mod: The Tribute Mod was made to be home to any tribute creatures for Patreon donations without the need to update Primal Fear main.
Nova the Destroyer is a freak of nature in Ark, a fierce hybrid of a dodorex and a reaper survivors are in for a world of pain battling this tier 5 boss. This monstrosity has three unique AOE attacks and swarms of overgrown Seeker minions. If you survive long enough to kill it you are rewarded with special loot and a fertilized egg to make this boss your own.
- Added alpha and fabled tropeo to npc global replacements of tapejara. Should allow tropeos to spawn on any map.
- Adding Buffoon Spawns to more spawners
- Adding All Rock Drakes to CI Floating Island spawners
- Added Wandering Wandering Loot Boss. Boss drops quality saddles by quality level of creature. As the tiers increase, as does its quality level of drops, and it emphasises higher and higher tiers of dino saddle drops. All bosses will drop saddle engrams with a 98% chance, and actual saddles with a 2% chance. Hurting the boss down to 15% health will cause it to go berserk, increasing speed and giving a 3x melee damage boost. Leaving this boss alone for 30 seconds after berserk mode is activated will cause it to evolve to the next level. Repeat this process for each tier of boss. Each evolution increases its level, and multiplies its stats by 2 over the previous tier.
- Ramshackle is tier 1. This is the only dino that spawns wild. Killing this will yield ramshackle saddle loot. Heavy emphasis on lower tier creatures. This boss ignores wild dinos and all wild dinos ignore it until it goes berserk
- Apprentice is tier 2. Spawns at Ramshackle level + 15 levels
- Journeyman is tier 3. Spawns at Apprentice level +50 levels
- Mastercraft is tier 4. Spawns at Journeyman level + 75 levels
- Ascendant is tier 5. Spawns at Mastercraft level + 100 levels
- Godliath is tier 6. Spawns at Ascendant level + 200 levels. At this tier, the boss's fireballs can now damage metal, and kill riders of the back of their creatures, and also gets a new meteor barrage attack. Goes Berserk at 50% health. This tier can also drop primal tek saddles, and Godliath primal fear weapons (50/50 engram to item ratio) on top of saddles. Emphasis on top tier creature saddles.
- Added new Godliath loot quality only achieved from defeating the Godliath level of wandering saddle boss. This will probably only work when Primal Fear is in the 1st load order. If not, Godliath will drop higher tier ascendant loot.
- Increased kibble requirements for tortuga. -Fixed tek shoulder cannon unlock from origin penguin.
- Fixed fallen demonic megatherium swim speed and explosion attack. Will now break rocks and not harvest bodies.
- Fixed some weird IK issues with Buffoon Ferox. -General polish on buffoon ferox -Restoring pegasus saddle to origin equus saddling and making it visible on all versions of pegasus.
- Fixed Empress so it doesn't burn or take % damage when unpowered. Boss only.
- Doubled reaper empress damage it takes without being illuminated. now takes 10% damage instead of 5.
- Severely increased the range all PF light pets illuminate by default. -Added explosions to captain black boulder cannonball impact.
- Fix omega reapers laying wild eggs.
- Disabled wild nuka dodo taming. Reduced Brachi Spawns