The Motorboat is a Vehicle that allows for transportation on water. The Motorboat's surface is useful for establishing a mobile base, seeing as Structures, Beds, and Containers can be placed directly on top, though Foundations must be used to build some Structures upon it such as Walls.
- Structure limit: 135 (On private servers or in single player the limit can be increased via PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier)
- Height limit: Survivors can build up to 8 walls high above the raft, and up to 80 walls below it.
- Size limit: 13x13 (discluding the corners)
- Creatures equipped with Platform Saddles (such as the Paracer, Brontosaurus, and Quetzal) are unable to stand on other platforms, which includes the Motorboat. When such a Creature attempts to stand on a Motorboat, it will slide off- except the Quetzal, which will automatically begin to fly upon landing on the Motorboat.
- Unlike the Wooden Raft, the Motorboat can move in reverse.
- Purely aquatic Creatures, such as the Megalodon and Megapiranha, will not attack the Motorboat or anything placed on it.
- Sarco will not attack an actively driving Survivor, though it will still attack passengers and tamed Creatures upon the Motorboat.
- The otherwise Passive Leedsichthys will actively attack any Motorboats they see, unlike other Aquatic Creatures near the surface of the ocean. Generally, the increased speed and health of the Motorboat makes it possible to outmaneuver said Leedsichthys.
- If a Baryonyx stuns the Survivor driving the Motorboat whilst the Motorboat is moving forwards, it will continue to drive forward without a driver.