|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: The Center|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Epic Games, Stadia.|
This cold cave features a rather lengthy underwater area at the entrance that must be traversed in order to reach the cave proper. It is extremely difficult to make the swim without a full set of SCUBA. Once inside the water, there are two main passageways leading to each artifact.
Note: Do NOT attempt to get the Artifact of the Clever without bringing Grappling Hooks. You will be trapped in the cave.
The Artifact of the Devourer is found down the higher of the two submerged passages (it is wider with no stalactites at the opening itself). After a lengthy swim, you will surface at a large cavern with high ceilings and ruined columns. Advanced through this cave up either of two staircases to reach the artifact.
The Artifact of the Clever is found down the lower of the two submerged passages (it has more stalactites around the opening, which is easy to miss). At the end of a long swim, you will come to a large room surrounded by ancient columns. A tunnel leads away from the room that branches into an upper and lower path. The upper path loops back to the large room with the columns, while the lower path takes you to a sheer drop-off. You must Parachute or Grapple down the hole to reach the Artifact. Do NOT take any mounts down the drop-off as they WILL be trapped. Follow the cave to the large artifact room while avoiding the water. After you retrieve the artifact, double back to the drop-off. You will need to climb back out from the way you came with your Grappling Hooks.
- Extreme Cold
- Dangerous Heights
- Risk of drowning
- Fur Armor
- SCUBA or better
- Parachutes for the drop-off
- Grappling Hook (at least two) and a Crossbow are REQUIRED to exit with the Artifact of the Clever
- Fria Curry
- Cooked Meat or other food
- Medical Brews
- Lazarus Chowder to compensate low oxygen
- Otter may help you to survive in the cold, and he will fight alongside you if shouldermounted
Tips / Notes
- Watch your step; as soon as you enter the cave, there is a ridge with a high drop to the left of the cave.
- There is a drop-off inside the cave (on the way to the Artifact of the Clever) where you won't be able to walk mounts out of. Should you take mounts down, you will either have to build a ramp, use a cryopod, or leave them there.
- Although ground mounts are unable to be taken down the sheer drop on the way to the Artifact of the Clever, flying mounts are still able to get back and forth without any trouble.
- The same drop-off will require you to use a Grappling Hook or build a very tall structure to exit the cave with the artifact.
- Players will encounter nothing other than some resources, Artifact and 2 potential loot crates after the drop-down as no creature will spawn beyond this point.
- Castoroides makes an excellent animal to bring into the cave, as it can traverse the land portions but also make the underwater passages without drowning. Be sure to bring Sweet Vegetable Cakes and plenty of berries or other food for the beaver. If you bring metal ingots and fiber you'll also be able to repair your fur armor as you go using the saddle (hides and pelts can be harvested in the cave).
Compatible Tamed Creatures
- Any creature with an Oxygen stat (except for Castoroides) has a very high chance of drowning during the underwater portion. (Shoulder-mounts will not drown as long as they remain on your shoulder.)
- Any creature (excluding shoulder-mounts) taken into the 'descent' on the way to the Artifact of the Clever will be trapped unless you are able to build an Elevator or large ramp (Requires AllowCaveBuildingPvE for PvE servers.)
This table is incomplete.
You can help us by adding the tamed creatures you know can enter the cave. If the creature can't enter, please exclude it.
- Excellent: Full-Cave Access (Entrance-to-Artifact)
- Limited: Can Access Portions of the Cave Safely
- Not Recommended: Can Get Stuck/Unable to Leave Cave