Obelisks are the massive, floating towers that emit light in ARK: Survival Evolved. They are also referred to as pillars, towers, arks, spires, or mega-beacons. At the beginning of your journey, no matter where you spawn, chances are high you'll spot them right away by simply looking around.
Currently, there are 3 Obelisk towers on each of the official maps except for Genesis: Part 1:
- Red Obelisk
- Green Obelisk
- Blue Obelisk
The picture to the right shows the location of the Obelisks.
- Locations on The Island
The x, y, z-coordinates in the chart above are for the use of the "Set Player Position" command (
setplayerpos <x> <y> <z>).
One of the main functions of Obelisk Terminals is to summon bosses available on a map.
In singleplayer, you cannot summon bosses at every terminal, but sometimes need specific points. For example, on The Island, you can only summon Broodmother Lysrix at the Green Obelisk, Megapithecus at the Blue Obelisk, and the Dragon at the Red Obelisk, and on Aberration, Rockwell can only be summoned at his own Terminal.
One of the features of the Obelisk is the Character Data Transmission. By saving your character data, you'll be able to transfer your character to a different server, or send items and dinos across different servers.
How To Transfer
To transfer your data, approach the console located right under the Obelisk Tower.
Once you activate the console (default E, , ), you'll be prompted with a UI.
At the top right side, you'll see a button "TRANSMIT ARK DATA". Press the button to get the options for the data transmission (see screenshot), so that you can upload your character data.
Once you've uploaded your character data, you can join a different server and during the character creation, you'll now be able to load in the character that you've uploaded. Currently characters can only be downloaded from the same types of servers, i.e. PVP character to another PVP server, PVE to another PVE server.
Note: The process has been simplified even further. Survivors only need to place items in the ARK DATA inventory, and log off their current map. The game will do the rest for you
Servers that have lost their interactive obelisk terminals can spawn them back in with these commands while looking at the terminal:
- Red Terminal: spawnactor "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/TributeTerminal_Red.TributeTerminal_Red'" 160 0 0
- Blue Terminal: spawnactor "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/TributeTerminal_Blue.TributeTerminal_Blue'" 160 0 0
- Green Terminal: spawnactor "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Structures/TributeTerminal_Green.TributeTerminal_Green'" 160 0 0
- Since patch 246.0, upload of items is limited to 50 stacks and upload of dinos is limited to 20.
- The Green Obelisk used to be where the red one is, the red where the blue one is, and the blue where the green one is.
- In Extinction Chronicles, one of the notes say that the Obelisks in Extinction are prototypes and in general Obelisks are energy sources.
- In Aberration, it’s show that despite the enormous size of the Obelisks, they appear to be only the most visible part of a much larger corresponding structure outside the ARK, which is hidden on other maps, revealed when that ARK was damaged.
- In singlelayer, when uploading spoilable items, including those not refrigerable (like Leech Blood or Organic Polymer) and taking them out again, the spoil timer will refresh. As such, and obelisk is a very cheap alternative of a refrigerator.
- You can transfer to another server and anything in character inventory will refresh spoil timers.
|321.14||No longer able to delete/destroy the obelisk via admin commands (previously deleted ones are now restored).|
Panorama of all three Obelisks as seen from the Cragg's Island, as seen before update v. 216.0
Red obelisk with a Supply Crate marker to scale, as seen before v. 216.0