Old Railway Cave (Aberration)
|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Aberration|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4, Epic Games.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The cave entrance is located at lat 48.3 lon 27.2, on the West side of a small lake, where there is enough room in the entrance to park several Rock Drakes. Further into the cave is a narrow tunnel through which you must crouch - this prevents you from taking most tamed creatures into the main cave.
Retrieving the Artifact[edit | edit source]
The Artifact is located at lat 51.2 lon 23.8. After reaching the initial waterfall take the path to the right to reach the artifact.
There is a drop between cliff edges that you will need to traverse to get to the artifact, which can be overcome with Climbing Pick and/or Zip-Line Anchor (don't forget Zip-Line Motor Attachment to get back out).
It is suggested that you bring decent armor, guns and plenty of ammo.
There are several ways of traversing the caves much easier:
- Bring Ravagers inside the cave with a Cryopod as they can't fit through the part which requires the survivor to crouch. Decent level Ravagers can easily take on Carnos and Karkinos.
- Ziplines and motor attachment (or Ravager/ Gigantopithecus) will easily mitigate most, if not all, threats like Karkinos or Carnos.
- A survivor wearing Tek Armor can easily fly past most threats. Be wary of both the element usage of the suit, and Aberrant Arthropluera spit.
- Bringing an Aberrant Megalosaurus and a Cryopod is advisable. It can go through most of the small passageways and can make quick work of most creatures in there.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Aberrant Arthropluera
- Aberrant Carnotaurus
- Aberrant Coelacanth
- Aberrant Electrophorus
- Aberrant Meganeura
- Aberrant Otter
- Aberrant Piranha
- Aberrant Pulmonoscorpius
- Aberrant Raptor
- Aberrant Salmon
- Aberrant Sarco
- Alpha Karkinos
- Tek Raptor
Resources[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Glow Stick s do not give off Charge meaning they will not aggro Seeker.
- Small amounts of Fiber, Mushrooms and Berries can be harvested within the cave if needed.
- This is the only place where Glowtail can be found sparingly from the dangers.
- There is a scorched earth loot drop hidden behind a mineable rock with the potential to have ascendant gear or blueprints inside.
- Dying in this cave while playing solo will cause the game to delete all tamed creatures within (no death message will be displayed).
Gallery[edit | edit source]