|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
Oxygen is a measure of how long you can hold your breath while underwater. It also affects how fast you can move in the water. Submerging yourself in water will drain your Oxygen over time. If you run out of Oxygen, you will begin to Suffocate and your Health will be drained rapidly until you either surface or die.
Putting a point into Oxygen will increase your maximum Oxygen by 20.
A survivor starting with the minimum Oxygen value (100 Oxygen) can stay underwater for roughly 33 seconds before drowning occurs. Each point put into Oxygen increases the time you can stay underwater by roughly 7 seconds. Each second underwater costs roughly 3 Oxygen. For an estimate of how long your survivor can stay underwater, use this formula: Oxygen / 3 = time in seconds. For example, 300 Oxygen will provide approximately 100 seconds of underwater time: 300 / 3 = 100.
Points spent on Oxygen also improve your swimming speed by roughly 1.2%. All swimming speed bonuses (from Oxygen and Movement Speed) are multiplied by the 2.5x swim speed effect of SCUBA Flippers. Patch v256 lowered the swim speed gain by 80%. To configure the gain on a private server, you can change OxygenSwimSpeedStatMultiplier in the Server configuration.
- Due to exploits in previous versions, unmounted creatures cannot drown.
- Because all aquatic creatures breathe water and terrestrial creatures make poor water mounts, this stat only has a practical use on a couple of amphibious creatures, such as Spinos.
- Eating Lazarus Chowder will significantly decrease the rate at which you consume oxygen for 10 minutes.
- Dizzy Spores in Aberration will eventually suffocate you before its debuff expires unless you have a high oxygen stat.
- Because of the limited need for underwater exploration and the existence of Lazarus Chowder and SCUBA Armor, Oxygen is not a widely sought after stat.
- A diplocaulus can be used to breathe underwater temporarily (acts as an oxygen tank).
- In Primitive Plus SCUBA Armor cannot be obtained, making Oxygen more viable there.