|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Epic Games, Stadia.|
Plant Species R is a plant in the Genesis: Part 2 DLC of ARK: Survival Evolved. This "plant" is a thicket of meat that wriggles around upon growing up, acting as a cuttable supply of meat when harvested.
Most methods works as if you are cutting down a tree, but the method does not have any impact on the amount of meat gathered.
|“||If you can get past its tentacular looks, this mutant hybrid seems useful as a foodsource...
You can grow it from seeds, but it provides edible meat.
Another of Rockwell's genetic modification experiments, I guess.
|~ Plant Species R Record – HLN-A|
There are 5 types of R Plants:
|Name||Veins Appearance||Harvested Meat||Chance for this seed|
from Mutagen Bulb
|R-2||Blue||Raw Fish Meat||32%|
|R-4||Magenta||Raw Prime Meat||8%|
|R-5||Indigo||Raw Prime Fish Meat||8%|
The following items can be used as fertilizer:
|Fertilizer type||Fertilizer units||Fertilizes for||Fertilizes full* plant for|
|Human Feces||1,000||10m||3h 5m|
|Small Animal Feces||3,500||35m||10h 48m|
|Medium Animal Feces||7,500||1h 15m||23h 8m|
|Unicorn Residue||7,500||1h 15m||23h 8m|
|Large Animal Feces||15,000||2h 30m||1d 22h 15m|
|Massive Animal Feces||35,000||5h 50m||4d 11h 55m|
|Snow Owl Pellet||50,000||8h 20m||6d 10h 10m|
|Fertilizer||54,000||9h||6d 22h 30m|
|Bonemeal Fertilizer||90,000||15h||11d 13h 30m|
* When a plant has its maximum of fruits, it needs less fertilizer. As the fruits spoil after some time, leaving the plant in a non-full state for some time, these numbers are rather theoretical maximums.
- It is the fourth plant species to be released, proceeding the plant species X, plant species Y and plant species Z
- The ‘R’ in its name is a reference to Rockwell
- Using a Higher Quality Metal Pick to Harvest the Plant DOES NOT make a difference to the amount harvested, Only how long it takes to do so. (High Quality Pick =Quicker Harvest)
- When Harvesting Plant Species R, you will see a 'Health Bar' that decays as you hit it with a pick. Don't be afraid to deplete this bar, as it will not destroy the crop, Instead the tentacle will shrink and begin a 30 minute timer, at the end of which it will pop back up with all its health, ready to be harvested again.
- If the plant is left with some but not all of it's health bar depleted, it will still take 30 minutes to regain it's health (regardless of the amount). Therefor it's much smarter and more beneficial to harvest it in full rather than leaving it half harvested as you gain nothing from doing so.
- It is worth noting that if playing on an unofficial server with structure damage turned off, it can become impossible to harvest. It is currently assumed for this to be a bug, however it is unlikely to ever be fixed. ~Slight fix for this below.
- On PvE servers
PvPEnableFriendlyFiremight have to be enabled for players to be able to harvest the seeds.
- Chainsaws can be used to harvest it.