Plant Species Z (Aberration)
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox One, PS4, Epic Games.|
This creature, item, or feature is not yet released in the version on Nintendo Switch.
|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Aberration, Genesis: Part 1, Crystal Isles|
Once fully grown, it produces Plant Species Z Fruits, which act as a flash-bang grenade that blind both survivors and creatures for a few seconds. Unlike the Plant Species X, it is not a defensive plant and can't shoot projectiles.
Standing near the plant (both wild and plot) causes it to glow and scare away any creatures that are frightened by light. Furthermore, wild variants restore and revitalize any player and tamed dinos nearby if they have not been hurt or handcuffed for the last 5 minutes. (due to game mechanics this is not effective on baby creatures). If players stay nearby the plant will retreat its tentacle every 60 to 90 seconds and expel a single fruit; collecting it provides one Plant Species Z seed. If all players leave the vicinity for several seconds the countdown will reset; otherwise it will continue producing fruit at the same interval as long as at least one player is nearby.
Production[edit | edit source]
The Plant Species Z grows the same as any other plot-based plant, consuming both water and fertilizer to grow.
The following items can be used as fertilizer:
|Fertilizer type||Fertilizer units||Fertilizes for||Fertilizes full* plant for|
|Human Feces||1,000||10m||3h 5m|
|Small Animal Feces||3,500||35m||10h 48m|
|Medium Animal Feces||7,500||1h 15m||23h 8m|
|Unicorn Residue||7,500||1h 15m||23h 8m|
|Large Animal Feces||15,000||2h 30m||1d 22h 15m|
|Massive Animal Feces||35,000||5h 50m||4d 11h 55m|
|Snow Owl Pellet||50,000||8h 20m||6d 10h 10m|
|Fertilizer||54,000||9h||6d 22h 30m|
|Bonemeal Fertilizer||90,000||15h||11d 13h 30m|
* When a plant has its maximum of fruits, it needs less fertilizer. As the fruits spoil after some time, leaving the plant in a non-full state for some time, these numbers are rather theoretical maximums.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A common mistake many survivors make is believing the wild plants to be dangerous. They are perfectly safe and the plant will not harm the player, tames, or any other creature in close proximity to it (It will scare away creatures that are negatively affected by light however). In fact it is on the contrary as standing near the plant gives revitalization properties.
- One of the safest locations for obtaining seeds is the plant that spawns at 30, 35.
- In lore, Plant Species Z was one of Rockwell's side projects on studying the effect of charge on plants when he stumbled onto this plant. Rockwell gave the observations he made on the plant to the futuristic tribe survivors as a diversion from his main project: effects of Edmundium/Element on an organism as a whole.
- There is currently a bug on Primitive Plus+ that prevents the survivor from placing plant species Z seeds in large crop plots (or any plots) effectively disabling the ability to grow your own Z plant on the map.
- To spawn a wild Plant Species Z in front of character use cheat command: cheat summon structure_plantspeciesz_wild_c