Potent Dust (Mobile)
|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Mobile.|
|A fine, dusty essence used for enhancement. It's not coarse, it's not tough, and it's not irritating.|
|Used to craft||13 items|
|Crafted in|| Mortar and Pestle|
|Crafting Yields||2 / 6 Pieces|
1 × Ancient Amber
Potent Dust is an item in ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Potent Dust can be absorbed (fed) to a player or an animal to provide a slight boost of 100 XP, only provides 50 XP in multiplayer. It can also be used to dye a player or creature.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Potent Dust is crafted by accessing a Mortar and Pestle or an Industrial Grinder and crushing 1 × Ancient Amber in your inventory. Crushing 1 × Ancient Amber at a Mortar and Pestle produces 2 x Potent Dust whilst crushing 1 × Ancient Amber at an Industrial Grinder produces 6 x Potent Dust.
Potent Dust can be used to craft the Nirvana Tonic.
Character and Animal Dyeing[edit | edit source]
Potent Dust can be dyed in the same manner as a Flare Gun, with one piece of Dye coloring an entire stack (100 Potent Dust per stack). For every piece of dyed Potent Dust absorbed, the player or animal in question will begin to change colors to match the Dye. Currently, this is the only means of coloring animals or players in ARK: Mobile aside from the recolour tool in the God Console. The color change starts with the eyes, followed by the skin, before finally changing the hair. This process can require many Ancient Amber to be crushed into Potent Dust if one wishes to change their hair color or deepen the pigment of the colour you are using.
Notes/Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There is a cooldown timer between uses, to prevent abuse of the system.
- There are rumors that Potent Dust has a chance of killing a player during absorption.
- There is a chance that Potent Dust can make players and dinosaurs unconcious with full torpor.
- Potent Dust can also be gained from Tributing or Free Gifts.
- Can now also be obtained by planting Seeds bought with Ancient Amber from the store.
- The component of the flavour text - "It's not coarse, it's not tough, and it's not irritating." is likely a reference to Star Wars Anakin Skywalker "I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating"