Silica Pearls are a resource in ARK: Survival Evolved. They can be found in the deepest areas of the ocean, in more shallow areas along the icy shores of the snow biome, in the Underwater Caves, in Giant Beaver Dams and when harvesting corpses of Trilobites, Leeches, Eurypterids and Ammonites. They are also obtained from Phoenixes after defecation as silica pearls are in the place of feces for Phoenixes.
Being one of the base Ingredients for Electronics, Silica Pearls get very important for the technical side of the game.
Silica Pearls are found in the Ocean and in the underwater caves. The Pearls are also found in clams, which are usually found in groups of around 5. There is no tool needed to harvest them, they are picked up by hand. Each clam usually yields between 2 and 4 Pearls. Increasing melee damage percentage won't increase pearls harvested.
Silica Pearls are commonly found under the cold sea of the west area of the map as well as the pond in the north by the peninsula. If the player has fur armor and a flying mount, an easy place to obtain Silica Pearls is the frozen patches of the northwest coast. Clams can be safely harvested by making short incursions into the water to avoid getting too cold, as fur armor "dries" instantly. As all spawns except Kairuku are uncommon in these areas, this can be performed in relative safety. The Underwater Caves also provide a large amount of Pearls, which can be harvested easily.
On The Center map, the Pearls can also be found at the bottom of the inland rivers, and in hot springs around the volcanic island, but these places are inhabited by Piranhas and Sabertooth Salmon, making it considerably dangerous for new players.
On Scorched Earth, Pearls are easily gathered at an Oasis and throughout the riverbed in the middle of the map, where they can be found both in the water and on dry land. A Whip can be used to harvest them quickly. They will sparkle at night making them easy to find.
The following table is valid for harvesting trilobites:
|Creature / Tool||Gain per action|
See the interactive Resource Maps for all occurrences in the official maps as well as some Mod maps.
|Locations on The Island|
|Locations on The Center|
|Locations on Scorched Earth|
This map is incomplete. Please contribute confirmed resource locations by confirming their location in-game.
Silica Pearls are an ingredient in the following Crafting recipes:
- Bronto Platform Saddle
- Desert Goggles and Hat
- Megachelon Platform Saddle
- Mosasaur Platform Saddle
- Mosasaur Saddle
- Paracer Platform Saddle
- Plesiosaur Platform Saddle
- Plesiosaur Saddle
- Quetz Platform Saddle
- Quetz Saddle
- Riot Boots
- Riot Chestpiece
- Riot Gauntlets
- Riot Helmet
- Riot Leggings
- Riot Shield
- SCUBA Flippers
- SCUBA Mask
- Spino Saddle
- Yutyrannus Saddle
- Real life pearls aren't made of silica, but calcium carbonate, while real life electronics are. It was probably made up for the developers to add a difficult way to get the resource.
- This is especially confusing since certain polymers contain carbonate groups and obsidian is mostly comprised of silica in real life, meaning it makes more technical sense that the two resources should be swapped around for crafting purposes.
- When dropped on the ground, Silica Pearls appear as white clams instead of the standard boxes.
- Despite the description saying “Can be refined into silicon plates.”, you can’t actually refine silica pearls.
- It basically means it can be turned into Electronics pieces