Naming the Eggs
I originally put in all Eggs according to what they are called In-Game and people keep changing them over and over... If people could please set their minds on this matter, it would be nice, it's getting frustrating and I would at least like to know what was preferred. Like Brontosaurus Egg is simply called Bronto Egg in the game itself. Shouldn't that fit? ---Amkorra (talk) 11:28, 20 July 2015 (UTC)
- In my opinion the eggs should be named the way they are in-game. If it is confusing for people, I think setting up redirects for the full names ought to do the trick. -- IllegalOpcode (talk) 14:15, 20 July 2015 (UTC)
- Agreed. We need things standardized by the way it is in game, not what people want it to be. This way it lessens the confusion the more casual reader would get. -- Ravendos (talk) 00:57, 23 July 2015 (UTC)
Can anybody confirm that turtle egg kibble is working? Any other page on the steam forums and the taming/bronto page on the wiki are saying there's no kibble for the bronto. I tested and can confirm turtle egg kibble isn't working. If nobody can, please remove this information since it's just wrong! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Seb3sec (talk • contribs) at 09:23, 25 July 2015 (PST)
- Are you certain that the server you tried this on was up-to-date at the time? Brontos didn't like a kibble until 188, and there was the saddle incident until a hotfix following that.
--Mr Pie 5 (talk) 17:40, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
- I tamed a bronto last night on version 188.22. I spawned all the kibbles with the IDs 327-344 and put them in the inventory, but he ate the mejoberries. I'll recheck it with current 189 version and update. Seb3sec (talk) 17:55, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
- re-checked on 189: put all kibbles and one stack mejoberries in an unconscious bronto... he ate the berries Seb3sec (talk) 18:56, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
- I checked it myself as well in my single-player, recently updated game. Put Mejoberries, Trike kibble, and Turtle kibble (in that order) in the inventory of an unconscious bronto. He ate a couple berries, I removed the berries, then he ate the Trike kibble (it was the first item in his inventory, with the turtle kibble being second). So it would appear that Turtle Kibble is not the Bronto's favorite. The information will be removed until further notice. I will also copy this conversation to the Kibble talk page so that other users can see it. --Mr Pie 5 (talk) 19:28, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
Problem with kibble about spino egg
When I put the spino egg, the savoroot, prime meat jerky, mejoberries, fibers and waterskin (like the recipe), I put in fire -> The savoroot disapear. May be a bug, in this way the kibble is not created.
- You should report this issue on the Steam forums, there is nothing we can do about it here. Thank you for the information, however, if we can confirm this, we will list it as a known bug. Also, please sign your comments with ~~~~. :] -- IllegalOpcode (talk) 21:55, 26 July 2015 (UTC)
- Are you certain that the Savoroot didn't just spoil? Savoroot, Longrass, Citronal, and Rockarrot spoil pretty quickly once you harvest them. --Mr Pie 5 (talk) 01:13, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
Youtube Video Vote
- How accurate is this with the (somewhat) recent changes to kibble and taming effectiveness in general? (This is why we need the game version in the description, by the way.) -- IllegalOpcode (talk) 22:21, 7 August 2015 (UTC)
- I have added the game version and it still is actuate :) Mrcookiejunkie (talk) 01:24, 8 August 2015 (UTC)
- 6 minutes is a lot longer than this needed to be. The tutorial-within-the-tutorial for jerky was unnecessary and you stumbled over your words a little with the warning about not using wood due to the dye thing, which was also unnecessary given that mejoberries don't form dye. You implied early on that kibble increases taming effectiveness rather than preserving it. While the shout-out to the wiki is appreciated, the table you showed has some incorrect info (which has been corrected since then). I'll allow it for now, so that our visual learners have something to work off of, but the other youtubers on this site have a good opportunity to provide a replacement. --Mr Pie 5 (talk) 03:36, 8 August 2015 (UTC)
Scorpion Taming Effectiveness
My intent was for them to be relative. The best thing for taming scorpions is Rotten Meat - thus it is the most effective. 126.96.36.199 20:53, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
Kibble for Megaloceros is... Rex?
Please verify this. All reports are that Elk use Dimo kibble. Also, Nubsly posted the Dimo kibble recipie on Reddit stating it needs cooked meat, not jerky.188.8.131.52 00:44, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
- Once the dev kit is updated, many things are going to be verified about these new creatures, this among them. --Mr Pie 5 (talk) 04:23, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
Voting on a second video for the page.
— Preceding unsigned comment added by Noobletscom (talk • contribs) at 18:24, 16 December, 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with
I noticed that someone added Areneo (Spider) Eggs, but that they somehow know that it'll use a specific jerky for it. I was wondering how do you/we intend on approaching new eggs that have no kibble yet for this page? For example, there's Oviraptor Eggs, Compy Eggs, Dimetrodon Eggs, etc. Deathdealers (talk) 04:49, 28 January 2016 (UTC)
Kibble Type Tables
I am not happy about the recent change, that the Kibble Type Tables were removed.
While the updated Kibble svg-chart is suited for printing, it does not provide an adequate replacement for the tables, because:
- it contains no links to the relevant creature pages
- it lacks information about standalone creatures
- the wiki-tables are much easier to edit than the svg-chart
- I can't say anything about how long I will support and update the chart
So I suggest to reintroduce the Kibble Type Tables.
-- Gaddhi (talk) 13:36, 8 February 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks! -- Gaddhi (talk) 14:00, 8 February 2016 (UTC)
Argys are exceptional kibble not superior
Argys are exceptional kibble not superior Wasted 2 120’s again argys are exceptional kibble not superior. OpiuMRuFuS (talk) 23:36, 6 March 2019 (UTC)
- You are right, this was a mistake in the patch notes. The Wayward Wolf (talk) 01:07, 7 March 2019 (UTC)
On this page Ichtyornis is listed under Simple kibble, but the Ichtyornis page (as well as Dododex) list Regular kibble as its preferred kibble. Zahlea (talk) 19:45, 11 August 2019 (UTC)