|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Epic Games.|
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_TekShield.PrimalItemStructure_TekShield'" 1 0 0
cheat unlockengram "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_TekShield.PrimalItemStructure_TekShield'"
The Tek Forcefield can provide an energy shield that protects an area from damage. It's part of the Tek Tier-building set.
The Tek Forcefield can be placed without the need for a foundation. It functions underwater, and it can also be picked up.
It requires Element to run. Upon activation, it will have an initial start up time of 5 minutes before it is activated.
The Forcefield size can be adjusted by the player via the radial menu. The smallest possible size is roughly 4 foundations in diameter and the largest is around 25 foundations in diameter.
The size of the barrier affects the amount of Element it consumes while active. On its smallest radius it consumes 1 Element per hour, on its largest radius it consumes 10 Element per hour.
The Forcefield prevents any wild Dinosaurs or non-tribe/non-owner Players to go through the barrier as if it's a solid wall, while the Tribe/Owners and allies are able to pass through it with ease. Aggressive dinosaurs will attempt to attack through the forcefield but they will do no damage to the forcefield or any players/dinosaurs inside. This allows players/dinosaurs within the forcefield to freely hit any dinosaurs large enough to have parts of their body phasing into the forcefield, such as a Rex or a Brontosaurus.
The Forcefield can not be damaged by normal rifles, melee weapons and most creatures (wild or tamed).
It can only be damaged by:
- Explosives (enemy and friendly fire)
- Tek Rifle
- Corrupted Creatures
- Mosasaur Tek Saddle lasers.
- Rex Tek Saddle lasers.
- Tapejara Tek Saddle lasers
- Megalodon Tek Saddle lasers
- Rock Drake Tek Saddle lasers
- Compound Bow ( Flame Arrow )
- Tek Sword
- Magmasaur (Spit Attack)
If significantly damaged, the dome will start to blink. When destroyed, not only does the structure itself vanish, but any Element left inside will also be destroyed.
- The Forcefield can be unlocked by defeating the Alpha Manticore, the Alpha Rockwell, the Beta Dragon, the Alpha Moeder, and the Beta Crystal Wyvern Queen.
- Changing the radius while active is not instant, however the forcefield grows or shrinks dynamically.
- Note that any aggressive creatures trying to get to you may glitch through the barrier while the size increases.
- You cannot place two forcefields close together. Even with both at full size and placed as close as possible, there is still a large enough gap between the two shields to fit a Titanosaur.
- Friendly dinosaurs with parts of their body sticking out of the shield are considered to be fully inside the shield and thus will not take damage from outside sources.
- If you use a Paintbrush with a Dye selected on the forcefield generator, it will change the color of the barrier to the respective color.
- Even if you you use Console Commands to cheat yourself into the forcefield (via ghost command), upon un-ghosting yourself you will be forced outside the dome.
- Rain does not penetrate the dome-shaped field causing all crops inside the field (including plant species) to die over time unless attached to another form of irrigation (i.e. pipes connected to bodies of water or water reservoirs placed outside of the field where they are able to successfully collect rainwater)
- Lightning storms on Scorched Earth power down the shield, and it stays deactivated until the storm ends.
Painting and Color Regions
Hitting the Tek Forcefield with a dyed Paintbrush will colorize the energy barrier while activated.
The Tek Forcefield is not currently paint-able, however this object may be re-mapped to include paint regions in a future update.