The Tek Phase Pistol is a Close-Range weapon in Genesis: Part 2. It shoots out a beam, which affects its target differently depending on its mode. The Tek Pistol has 3 different modes: killing, healing, and stun, and these effects are amplified by consistency of fire on its target. Rapidly clicking seems to deal more DPS and Percentage per Second conserving the Pistol's fuel.
Kill Mode deals high damage over time gaining a multiplier up to 20x damage on its duration being suited towards large targets.
Stun Mode adds "Stun Percentage" with Stun Per Second being reduced by higher drag weight upon reaching 100% the creature will be stunned.
To swap modes, press L2 on PS4, LT on Xbox One, and right-click on PC.
|“||Watch where you point that Federation phase pistol, unless it's set to heal or stun.
You could put an eye out with that thing.
|~ Tek Phase Pistol Record – HLN-A|
- The max multiplier for the damage in kill mode goes up to 20x, and makes it able to take down bigger creatures very quickly.
- Stun mode will cause creatures to stop moving entirely for a few moments, and they cannot be re-stunned for a few seconds after the effect wears off.
- Using healing mode results in the weapon using slightly more element than both Kill or Stun mode.
- Unlike the Tek Rifle and Tek Bow, this weapon cannot be fired underwater.
- Healing your own tames does not work with friendly fire turned off
- Can only be used when you have unlocked the engram
- Higher quality versions do not increase the healing or stun per second.