cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Dinos/TekStrider/TekStrider_Character_BP.TekStrider_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Tek Stryder (Gauntlet2)
cheat summon TekStrider_Character_BP_STA_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Missions/ModularMission/Gauntlet2/STA/Dinos/TekStrider_Character_BP_STA.TekStrider_Character_BP_STA'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Malfunctioned Tek Stryder (Life Support)
cheat summon TekStrider_Character_BP_LifeSupport_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Missions/ModularMission/LifeSupport/Dinos/TekStrider_Character_BP_LifeSupport.TekStrider_Character_BP_LifeSupport'" 500 0 0 35
The Tek Stryder is a creature in Genesis: Part 2. These mechanical creatures come with two (out of 8 possible) different non-removable attachments, overall providing them a wide array of possible abilities.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Combat
- 3 Taming
- 4 Utility
- 5 Limitations
- 6 Spotlight
- 7 Notes/Trivia
- 8 Lore
- 9 Changelog
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
|“||Crew manuals call those roaming meks 'stryders'.
I understand they were meant as robotic workhorses, for cleaning up toxins and harvesting resources.
Imagine climbing up one of those and riding it around!
The Tek Stryder features a wide array of abilities, depending on the attachments it has, very much like a Mek. Certain attachments allow it to become more efficient in harvesting, while others turn it into a combat machine. If attacked it will fight back with either a front stomp or a back kick.
Tek Stryder's appearance resembles a robotic deer, and an AT-AT from Star Wars.
Color Scheme and Regions
This section displays the Tek Stryder's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Tek Stryder. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Tek Stryder will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
This information can be used to alter the Tek Stryder's regions by entering
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID> in the cheat console. For instance,
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Tek Stryder's "main rubber" magenta.
Tek Stryder explodes on death and leaves no body for resources to be collected from.
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Base Value||Level Increase||Taming Bonus|
|Base Speed||Sprinting Speed||Stamina|
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding stats with an external tool.
The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
The Charge Capacity stat acts as an energy meter for the Tek Stryder's attachments' abilities.
This section describes how to fight against the Tek Stryder.
It is recommended to attack from a distance as wild and unmounted Stryders only use a melee attack stomp similar to the Paraceratherium even when weapon rigs are present.
Shoot from a ledge if you do not have the creatures to take the Stryder down. It is recommended to use powerful tames such as a Spino to take them down. You can also use fast attacking and hard to hit tames such as the Maewing to dodge their attacks but still deal damage.
Weapons which can deal large amounts of damage quickly are recommended. The Pump-Action Shotgun is a good choice if you need to combat a Stryder on foot.
The Stryder has a lot of health, and is fast for its size.
The Stryder attack quite slowly and hit hard. They do not use any of the equipped rigs when wild. Fast tames such as the Maewing which can avoid their stomps are recommended. If the player has access to powerful tames which can kill the Stryder quickly without taking to much damage such as the Spino or Rex are recommended.
For general information about domesticating a wild creature see Taming.
Tek Stryders are "tamed" non-violently, rather than through the usual methods. This method is through a unique hacking process. To be able to hack into it to tame it, you must have a variable amount of Mutagel in the 0 Hotbar, and have cleared a certain number of missions. This number increases as the Stryder's level increases. You will be prompted to access a specific part of the Stryder to initiate the process (such as the head or one of its feet), and said part will emit electrical sparks until it is successfully hacked. Upon activating the hack, a large red circle centered on you will appear and you will have to remain close to the Stryder during the hacking process, keeping it inside the circle at all times.
While hacking, you will be prompted to do a minigame, while staying close to it. Successfully matching all the coding will increase the taming progress, up until it is tamed or destroyed. Failing the minigame will reset the taming progress to 0 and may stun you for a short amount of time. Regardless of whether the hack was successful or not, the Stryder will need to walk a certain distance away from the spot where the last hack was performed before a new one can be initiated. If the last hack was successful, the next part you will need to hack will emit sparks even before the Stryder can be hacked again, allowing you to prepare and access it as soon as you have the opportunity to do so. The minigame has lines of code scrolling vertically, with green squares. Left-click when the squares cross the horizontal line in the middle of the game. This will repeat with additional lines of code, keep matching the green squares until all the columns are completed.
Tek Stryders count as 20 tames in regards to tribe tame limit.
Number of Missions
In addition to the variable amount of Mutagel, each Tek Stryder has a prerequisite of a certain number of completed unique Missions to be tamed.
The number is only dependent on the total level of the Tek Stryder, and follows this formula:
|Stryder's Level||Number of Missions|
|1 - 3||1|
|4 - 6||2|
|7 - 9||3|
|10 - 12||4|
|13 - 15||5|
|16 - 18||6|
|19 - 21||7|
|22 - 24||8|
|25 - 28||9|
|29 - 31||10|
|32 - 34||11|
|35 - 37||12|
|38 - 40||13|
|41 - 43||14|
|44 - 46||15|
|47 - 49||16|
|50 - 53||17|
|54 - 56||18|
|57 - 59||19|
|60 - 62||20|
|63 - 65||21|
|66 - 68||22|
|69 - 71||23|
|72 - 74||24|
|75 - 78||25|
|79 - 81||26|
|82 - 84||27|
|85 - 87||28|
|88 - 90||29|
|91 - 93||30|
|94 - 96||31|
|97 - 99||32|
|100 - 103||33|
|104 - 106||34|
|107 - 109||35|
|110 - 112||36|
|113 - 115||37|
|116 - 118||38|
|119 - 121||39|
|122 - 124||40|
|125 - 128||41|
|129 - 131||42|
|132 - 134||43|
|135 - 137||44|
|138 - 140||45|
|141 - 143||46|
|144 - 146||47|
|147 - 149||48|
All Tek Stryders comes with the following:
- Tek Platform = Automatically spawned once the Tek Stryder is hacked and tamed for tribe/survivor. Can be built upon.
- Tek Transmitter = Found at the front side of the Platform. Can be used to store items and transfer items, but not dinos unless the dino is in a cryopod.
- Sleeping Pod = Can be used as a spawn point or as a sleeping point. Unlike Tek Sleeping Pod, this only serves as a sleeping spot and will not replenish lost stat like food and water.
- Rigs = All Tek Stryder starts with assorted rigs from head and body upon spawning which cannot be removed. (See below for list)
Tek Stryder has several features within itself:
- Charge Battery = can be changed to always/never recharge them, or always/never drain from it. By default it will always charge any empty Charge Battery if its charge capacity is at full, and drain if the overall Charge capacity is lower than max.
- Can be linked to one Tek Dedicated Storage with specific material inside it and configurable whether to automatically store current filtered material in box or set to manual sending. This covers extreme distance.
Every rig uses Charge to slowly restore its usage capacity, and requires either to be recharged over time (slowly), or replenished with Charge Battery .
- Excavation Rig : Harvest everything but Extinction light poles, benches, and tables, Ragnarok Charcoal trees, Scorched Earth flint rocks, and Crystal Isles element rocks with its scattered beam. Requires charge to keep it active, then additional charge to fire the excavation beam. Exact numbers are difficult to obtain due to recharge rates and irregular drain intervals. It can also be connected to a Tek Dedicated Storage box to transfer that item automatically upon digging and prevent digging of resource nodes that doesn't contain it.
- Pulse Cannon Rig : Fires repeated Tek Laser blasts with a base damage of 7 at the targeted direction, dealing damage to enemies hit. This damage does scale with melee damage but not appear to at a linear scale (500% melee damage appears to only deal about 12 damage a shot.) Maximum usage scales with charge capacity. Uses 5 charge per shot. Arguably the least useful of the Tek Stryder modules in its current state, even with the scaling with melee damage.
- Silence Cannon Rig : Fires a sonic pulse at its direction within a radius that disables "roaring" abilities of creatures such as the Yutyrannus and Mammoth, as well as disabling special abilities of various creatures such as the Stegosaurus's ability to change plating. It will even ground fliers affected by the blast. This does not appear to affect the Megatherium's ability to enrage upon killing insects, or in the wild, the presence of insects. Creatures are affected for 30 seconds, as indicated by a blue smoke over the creatures' heads. After this, there is a cooldown before they can be silenced again, as indicated by a reddish smoke. Consumes 50 charge per pulse.
- Radar Rig : Detects nearby living creatures and survivors and their level for 30 seconds, with the ability to temporarily track a detected creature or survivor. Doesn't require any charge, but can only be used once every 35 seconds. Enemy survivors will get a notification when they're being tracked.
- Phase Cannon Rig : Fires a concentrated Tek blast at the faced direction, dealing 300 base damage (scales with melee damage) to creatures at the epicenter (less further away), destroying resource nodes, and also damaging enemy structures. Two instances of damage can occur; one from the direct impact of the blast, then one from the explosion. Consumes 50 charge and has a 10 second cooldown between blasts. It can also be be fired while scoped in with the Spyglass to hit targets further away. Enemy Auto Turret and Heavy Auto Turrets will shoot the Tek blast to destroy it, but not Tek Turret.
- Resource Attractor Rig (Saddle Bag): Passively reduces carry weight of most, if not all items and resources by 65%. By holding down E (On PC) to bring up the radial menu, there is an option to connect a player-held Mining Drill to the Tek Stryder. Any resources obtained by the Mining Drill will go to the Tek Stryder while in range, as indicated by purple spheres gravitating to the Tek Stryder. When resources transfer (which is instant), a blue beam will go from the drill to the Tek Stryder. While this effect is active, it consumes 5 charge per second, which most Tek Stryders can maintain.
- Shield Generator Rig : Activates a shield around the Tek Stryder with it and persists until either the durability reaches 0, charge is depleted, or it's turned off. Players and tames can go through the shield but projectiles, albeit inconsistently, are blocked by the shield. Projectiles from inside the shield can not go outside in most general cases. These shields ARE affected by friendly fire, including both firearms and creature attacks. One exception is the Velonasaur's projectiles, which do not cause shield damage. While stats show it can have a maximum durability of 30001, this appears irrelevant to how strong the shield can actually be since shield strength can exceed this. If durability reaches 0, the shield generator will go offline for 30 seconds and return at full durability again.
- Shield Projector Rig : Activates a shield in a specific direction of the Tek Stryder and persists until it's either turned off or the durability reaches zero. Durability of the shield is linked to total health. Raising health will strengthen the shield. Unlike the Shield Generator Rig it does not use charge. These shields ARE affected by friendly fire, including both firearms and creature attacks. One exception is the Velonasaur's projectiles, which do not cause shield damage. While stats show it can have a maximum durability of 10001, this appears irrelevant to how strong the shield can actually be since shield strength can exceed this. If durability reaches 0, the shield generator will go offline for 30 seconds and return at full durability again.
- Excavator (Excavation and Resource Attractor Rig) - With the Excavator equipped, the Tek Stryder can harvest nearly everything, making it a multi-role gatherer that can quickly harvest an area of resources. Since they can link to a Tek Dedicated Storage, this allows long-range mining of specific materials. If you manage to get the Resource Attractor Rig as well, you will have a Tek Stryder capable of gathering an enormous amount of resources before it gets weighed down.
- Tame Seeker (Radar Rig) - The Tek Stryder's radar allows you to see what is in an area and select it in order to track it for a limited time. This can be useful for hunting down creatures you're trying to tame. The radar can be set to track players, dinos or both through a menu. Maximum range seems to be about 750 meters.
- Assault (Phase Cannon Rig) - If you manage to get a high-level Tek Stryder with the Phase Cannon Rig, it can be a powerful war machine, capable of dealing damage to enemy structures with the phase cannon. The radar rig can help with keeping enemy survivors in check that may be trying to sneak up on the Tek Stryder. While a low-level Tek Stryder is capable of the same feat, the decrease in stats, especially health and potential damage with the cannon, will make it much easier to dissuade.
- Artillery- While the Tek Stryder is not the best mount for close quarters fights, if it has both the pulse cannon rig and phase cannon rig, the Tek Stryder can be devastating at ranged encounters if players level up the Stryder's melee stat. Both attachments can make your Tek Stryder function like the AT-AT of Star Wars provided you build a box structure with plenty of layers on its platform saddle to protect yourself from enemy fire.
- Titan Killer/Tamer- With the phase cannon and pulse cannon rig, the Tek stryder can accurately hit the Titan's nodes for massive damage. If players want to kill the Titan, the Stryder can make a few movements around the Titan while the titan is repositioning. The phase cannon ignores Titan debuffs, allowing for massive damage.
- Turret Soaker (Shield Generator or Shield Projector Rigs) - The Tek Stryder's shield projectors can be used to soak enemy turrets, and when it's depleted, you can back off to let the shield regenerate, then go back in to soak some more. This is a cost-efficient method to soak turrets since not much health will be lost on the Tek Stryder when maneuvered properly, and the shield regenerates without needing resources. The Tek Stryder may be positioned just outside of turret range, so that when the shield comes up it soaks.
- Defender (Shield Generator Rig) - The Tek Stryder's shield modules auto-regenerate after 30 seconds when depleted, allowing them to be effective defenders against enemy projectiles and to shield your tames from such assaults while you close in on enemy encampments or to protect a convoy. They can also be used to protect your own turrets when needed.
- Support (Silence Cannon Rig) - If you're facing off against several opposing creatures that rely on special abilities, such as the Mammoth, Yutyrannus, or even fliers in general, the Tek Stryder's silence cannon rig can silence their abilities and ground fliers for 30 seconds. This is a considerable amount of time to gain an advantage, taking out the grounded fliers, or pushing back against the weakened enemies.
For the gathering efficiency of the Excavation Rig, see Excavation Rig
|The Tek Stryder needs the Excavation Rig to be able to gather most resources.|
All structures except for Tek Transmitters, Pipes, Auto Turret, Crop Plots with Plant Species X, Behemoth Gateway, Tek Generator, Vault, , Industrial Forge, and Loadout Mannequin can be built on its back including feeding troughs, storage chests and beds. However, the saddle has a limit of 30 structures on its back. Every little thing counts from foundations to electrical keypads (including structures that are built alongside the saddle like ladders).
Weight inside the inventory of storage structures on the saddle is not ignored by the Tek Stryder. Take advantage of animals that have weight reduction capabilities to greatly enhance your overall carry capacity.
- It was originally going to be called "Stryder" but for some reason it changed to be "Tek Stryder" when Genesis: Part 2 got released.
- This means it is the first Tek Creature that is not based on an existing creature counterpart.
- In The Elder Scrolls, there is a creature named "Silt-Strider" which is a huge flea-like insect that is around the size of Ark's stryder
- The Tek Stryder can be dyed the same way as a structure.
- The Tek Stryder greatly resembles the AT-AT from the Star Wars film series. If it has the Pulse Cannon Rig and Phase Cannon Rig, it functions similarly to a AT-AT as well.
- The Tek Stryder's appearance also reference's Horizon Zero Dawn in several different ways.
- It resembles the Tallneck, which has a similar giraffe-like appearance, only with a longer neck and disc-like head.
- Its taming strategy is similar to the mech-like creatures in Horizon Zero Dawn, where players have to hijack the creature to tame it.
- The Tek Stryder originates from unused concept art planned for Extinction.
- When destroyed, it will act similar to a Mek; it will catch fire, fall to the ground, then explode. It leaves no corpse to harvest for materials.
- The Tek Stryder is about as tall as the Brontosaurus.
- The Tek Stryder cannot be cloned or be put in the Cryopod. However, they can stored in the ARK data via Tek Transmitter.
- The Tek Stryder can be occasionally carried by the TEK Hover Skiff, but this may be a bug as it does not always work.
- While it wouldn't appear to be able to swim, the Tek Stryder is capable of swimming and is therefore able to navigate in the ever-changing space biome on Genesis Part 2. This is useful for mass-harvesting the daily resources there alongside the generally-present Metal nodes. In particular, they are phenomenal gathers of element shards. It also notable lacks an oxygen stat (being a robot), and thus can remain underwater indefinitely.
- When leveling up in charge capacity, the Tek Stryder may be unable to use its charge-based modules despite having sufficient energy. Leaving render distance of the Tek Stryder and re-rendering it seems to fix this issue.
- It is important to know that tames cannot be transferred via the Tek Stryder's transmitter.
- The Tek Stryder's Resource Attractor Rig gives weight reduction not only on most materials but on just about everything in the game from tools, to dyes, to even taxidermies. This makes it very useful for carrying anything at all.
- The Tek Stryder does not have a food bar, meaning it can never starve.
- You can store resources in the 'Tribute' section of the Tek Stryders built-in transmitter, and the weight of those items will be ignored. It is unclear if this is a bug or not.
- Entering the sleeping pod on the Stryder's platform will teleport you just underneath the Stryder upon exiting.
- The Stryder was designed and implemented by Santiago as a way of decontaminating the soil to prevent element poisoning. He also noted that its design is based off of a Pleistocene horse that he saw.
- When thinking about decontaminating the Colony Ship rings, Santiago decided to have a fleet of Stryders as a mount for the crew to automate pollution cleaning on a massive scale.
- Although Santiago in Genesis lore is different from Santiago in Extinction lore, both of them have made a masterpiece robot that had a pivotal role in helping the Colony Ship and ARK projects succeed against Element. This means that the Stryder is the Meks older counterpart.
- Extinction Santiago built the Meks to help him and the Tek tribe to fight against the Titans and the Mega Mek to take down the King Titan, which sharply decreased Element levels on Earth, thus allowing the ARKs to safely repopulate Earth.
- Genesis Santiago built the Stryders to keep the Colony Ship clean of pollutants, most notably keeping the ship environments clean of Element.
- The Eden biome on the Colony Ship is the result of the Stryder's cleaning ability due to their high presence in the area.
- In addendums related to the Stryder in Genesis Santiago's notes, it had many purposes.
- Its main purposes was to decontaminate the rings of Element in the soil while also being an easy method of harvesting resources with a wide angled laser.
- Its massive size can deter other lifeforms from damaging the ring.
|329.5||Tek Stryder is added to the game.|
|334.3||TEK Stryder beds are now named after the TEK Stryder itself|
|338.23||Fixed a bug where Stryders and Meks would not regain Health in stasis|
As seen in Community Crunch 268.