|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
Thatch is an easily obtainable resource harvested from trees, either by punching them or by using tools.
Thatch is used for crafting many items, especially in the early-game. It can also be used as fuel source for a fire, and is needed to create Fertilizer in a Compost Bin. It can be found in white, green and blue supply drops.
Thatch can be used as fire fuel, however, it provides the shortest amount of burn time.
- Campfire: 7.5 seconds per unit.
- Cooking Pot: 7.5 seconds per unit.
- Refining Forge: 7.5 seconds per unit.
- Standing Torch : 1 minute, 40 seconds per unit.
Thatch is used to craft a lot of items, including:
- Ballista Turret
- Beer Liquid
- Cooking Pot
- Crop Plots
- Preserving Bin
- Simple Bed
- Stone Hatchet
- Stone Pick
- Stone Structures and Buildings
- Thatch Structures and Buildings
- Wooden Structures and Buildings
|Creature / Tool||Gain per action|
The following creatures reduce the weight of Thatch by the listed amount while it is in their inventory: