|This article is about content exclusive to the DLC: Valguero|
|This article is about content exclusively available in the version on Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Epic Games, Stadia.|
The Lost Temple is a location in the Valguero DLC. The mysterious site is hidden deep inside the jungles of Valguero and permits entrance to a cave system containing two artifacts; the Artifact of the Brute and Artifact of the Devourer.
As the name suggests, The Lost Temple is a mysterious location, hidden deep in the jungles of Valguero. The entrance to the cave, rewarding the brave survivor with not one, but two Artifacts, is hidden behind the former entrance to The Lost Temple.
Stalactites hanging from the ceilings and stalagmites growing on the grounds litter the caves, while the Aberration large glowing crystals eternalize the Earth's age in the caverns The Lost Temple permits access to.
The dangers of the cave are not so much in the inhabitants, but by the length and fall dangers in the final cavern. With proper preparation the cave is fairly easy, for a beginning survivor it is challenging enough though.
The Lost Temple hosts the Artifact of the Brute and Artifact of the Devourer, needed to summon Megapithecus (one of the three bosses on Valguero) on Alpha and Gamma difficulty respectively, and as with all mysteries of The Lost Temple, the Alpha Artifact is much easier to obtain than the Gamma Artifact.
Along the way, the survivor can enjoy a diverse array of breathtaking sights in The Lost Temple cave.
- Fall damage
- Electrocution by Electrophorus
- Stunning by Eurypterid
- Mega Rabies by Onyc
- 1000 absolute damage per second if you fall in between pits in the chamber of Artifact of the Devour.
- Beware of the door it will damage your animal and get you stuck
- Finicky Climbing Areas can result in Instant Death followed by FPS drop making corpse recovery impossible.
- Torch (and a spare one) and/or Light pet
- Metal Pick
- Pike for Pulmonoscorpius
- Ranged Weapons to kill eels, Arthropluera and bats from a distance
- Replacement Armor (for Arthropluera spits)
- SCUBA flippers for easier swimming (and/or high Oxygen stats)
- There is no Thatch or Wood in the cave so bring those along
- Anything irreplaceable such as High Quality Items or Cryopodded Dinos is ill advised in Multiplayer where Backups cannot be performed.
- Time for a first time visit; 1.5–2 hours (including screenshots)
- Climbing Pick (many)
- Zip-Line Anchor (possibly with Ravager)
- Zip-Line motor attachment for your armor if you are not using a Ravager
- Cryopod to get the Ravager to the final cavern (optional, it is possible to do with climbing picks)
- Instead of the Cryopod and a Ravager you can actually just bring a Deinonychus, they are able to walk with you mounted through the entire cave. Even climb out. Deinonychus can climb (high) enough to reach the cave for the Artifact of the Devourer, however it is a very risky jump as if the ledge is missed you can fall to certain death.
From Local Creatures
- With the additional mod Valguero Dino and Map Extension (ID: 1786522940), the Megalania Dossier can be found in the cave system.
WARNING: If you go to the lowest level in the artifact of the devourers chamber you instantly die followed by your tame if it doesn't just vanish. There are also certain Areas that using a climbing pick near will instantly kill you followed by a massive FPS drop making a reset necessary. BackUp Your Save Before Exploring!