|This article is a stub. You can help the ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki by .|
The Torch is a tool that provides light and warmth to players, which is especially useful during the night or in caves or other dark places. Players automatically know the torch Engram as soon as they enter the game.
|This page is outdated. Please help if you can.|
The talk page may contain more information.
Reason: "Conflicting Info Regarding the Burn Time of an Apprentice Torch with 101.47% Durability: Does it last ~100 minutes, or ~40 minutes, as stated in the "Notes" section? Does one of the listed times come from single player settings or non-standard server difficulty settings, while the other one comes from official server difficulty settings?"
- Thrown Torch: 13 minutes 15 seconds
- Primitive Torch 100% Durability: 15 minutes
- Apprentice Torch 101.47% Durability: ~100 minutes
- In standing torch's inventory Durability: 2 hours, 57 minutes and 20 seconds.
- The torch can be placed into a Standing Torch or Wall Torch as a fuel source, and the Durability affects the burning duration.
- As long as the Torch is equipped, its durability will decrease. A Torch lasts for about 15 minutes of use. An Apprentice Torch with 101.47% durability will last approximately 40 minutes.
- Holding the torch will provide 50 points of hypothermal insulation and -25 points of hyperthermal insulation.
- The torch can also be thrown onto the ground while lit by holding it then dropping with (default Rmb, , ). However, it will decompose within a set time.
- Attacking players and creatures with the torch(with some exceptions, such as the Rock Elemental and the Titanosaur) can set them on fire, causing damage for a short amount of time. This can be quite effective against armored players, as the fire ignores armor and deals significant damage. If combined with a bola, your chances of winning a fight are greatly increased. Making multiple torches is also recommended as they break quickly when used as a weapon.
- Torches can be attached to most dino saddles the same way a skin is (allowing you to use a two-handed weapon while mounted while still benefiting from a torch)